My mods with Pics

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

s2000
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: My recent mods pics included

Post by s2000 »

Thacrudd wrote:
YBajaSteve wrote:Trucks looking good man!!! You got me beat on the catback exhaust, I really want to do that next but just havent found the time/money.

Thanks man, I'm glad you like it. The exhaust plus the muffler only cost $120 but the stainless tip set me back $80!
nice exhaust and I really like the price :) . I need to get a new exhaust on my baja, but I'm having trouble finding any for the baja. any suggestions on where to find some. And what kind is the one you got?
Thacrudd
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Thacrudd »

I couldn't tell you the brand of muffler actually. They told me but I don't remember :lol:

Updated first post with new mods -
Coin holder mod
new A/T tires [smilie=666.gif]
not pictured: Sound deadening mats
Thacrudd
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Thacrudd »

Making that coin holder into a switchbay

follow the "dismantling the interior" thread to access the center console. Push the tabs on the bottom of the coin tray to remove it.

I used a razor and dremel to make vertical cuts in the center fins of the coin holder then used a set of needle nosed pliers to grab and twist the plastic out. Use some sand paper and a razor to remove any excess plastic the lightly run a lighter over it to polish the rough plastic you just created. Using your Dremel, cut out the appropriate holes to make your switches and/or Aux audio cables fit. Install and all done!

Thacrudd
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Thacrudd »

Painting your grille

Open your hood and remove the 6 8mm grille bolts and 1 10mm bolt in the very front center. The 3 8mm bolts circled in red are on each side of the grille.

Once you have it off, clean it up real good, scuff the parts to be painted with sand paper and tape off the areas you do not want painted. I chose to paint the chrome trim and not the dark gray areas. Give it ample time to dry and reinstall. A cheap and easy mod to give it some character!

Thacrudd
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Thacrudd »

Installing Mesh Behind your Grille

Follow the above post on how to remove your grille - http://tinyurl.com/Grilleremoval

Once you have it off and you have your mesh (source - http://tinyurl.com/metalmesh) cut it to fit behind the large openings. I had leftover mesh so I had to make 2 separate pieces for one side.

I then used JBweld to attach the mesh to the grille. I scuffed up the plastic and stuck it on. I suppose Epoxy could work as well.

Once it hardens just reinstall it. Pretty snazzy!

Thacrudd
Scoobytruck Master

Re: My Mods & Mod Tutorial links - Major Thread Overhaul!

Post by Thacrudd »

Completely overhauled this thread to include links to tutorials concerning the Baja. It was previously called "My Recent Mods Pics Included" If you know of any other tutorials that you feel should be included let me know and I'll update the post.
bajachilloopa
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: My mods with Pics

Post by bajachilloopa »

How did u paint the inner headlight trim? I wanna do this!!!
{BAJAguy and his Cruckinator}
Iownabaja1997
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Iownabaja1997 »

What size of tires are the grabbers? My local tire store told me I couldn't fit those on my baja rims :|
Trashyaddy
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Trashyaddy »

How do I see the pictures?
thesavo
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by thesavo »

Looks like they have to re upload them. The photobucket service they used got greedy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk
Trashyaddy
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Trashyaddy »

Yea photo bucket wants a 30 dollar subscription.

Thanks
envirogisgirl
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by envirogisgirl »

Thanks for sharing all these!

I come from having a Jeep Wrangler JK to off-road & a 61 VDUB bug for fast( 2332 installed) & planty of options in the aftermarket or DIY sector. I just picked up an 05 NA automatic( I know not as coveted ast the turbo manual, but the other 2 are sticks so I was being 'practical) for my 'daily'. It has some mods for off-road including 2" KDF lift & KO2 tires. So I am interested in seeing what folks have done to mod their baja for their lifestyle needs including auxiliary power supplies, car camping, bike racking. Also looking to see if anyone has done an at home wrap job on the paint, exterior cladding, or interior... There doesn't seem to be much/any aftermarket supply. Thanks again.
Thanks y'all,

Dawn
ZUBAJA
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ZUBAJA »

"Aftermarket" is pretty much driven by volume demand. While there is some stuff that is shared with Outbacks (volume). There never were that many Bajas, and the newest ones are about 15 years old. Dennis