Nicer wheels..

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

beancountertx
Scoobytruck Contributer

Nicer wheels..

Post by beancountertx »

I'm looking to replace the wheels that came with my Baja Turbo, 2005-bought it used, can't tell name on wheels now. Anyway, I'm looking for custom 16's, chrome. I was told by one dealer that my car was very hard to fit due to the turbo feature and the size of the brakes. Has anyone come across this issue and has anyone found nice ones they can suggest?

Tks,
beancountertx
You must be the change you want to see in the world.-Gandhi
speedymatt
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Nicer wheels..

Post by speedymatt »

beancountertx wrote:I'm looking to replace the wheels that came with my Baja Turbo, 2005-bought it used, can't tell name on wheels now. Anyway, I'm looking for custom 16's, chrome. I was told by one dealer that my car was very hard to fit due to the turbo feature and the size of the brakes. Has anyone come across this issue and has anyone found nice ones they can suggest?

Tks,
beancountertx
well i wouldnt trust that dealer. its a pretty standard 5x100 pattern. and the brakes i believe are the same as the wrx. let me guess he wanted you to buy 19"s. i personally wouldnt want to see chome on a baja but its your car, just go to a different shop.
beancountertx
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: Nicer wheels..

Post by beancountertx »

Thanks for the input. I found through more research that yes, in fact they are standard 5x100 pattern. I found some nice Helo 827's in chrome-I like the shine what can I say. I really wanted the Limited 357's but found that Limited discontinued those in 16's. I'll post before and after pics on the another topic.
You must be the change you want to see in the world.-Gandhi