Cigarette Lighter

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

airbox
Scoobytruck Lurker

Cigarette Lighter

Post by airbox »

I'm by no means an elecrtical buff, but my cigarette lighter has not been working. I checked the fuse and it was fine. So it's left me puzzled. Has anyone here had a problem like this? Thanks for any help.

-Brad
Kev M
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Cigarette Lighter

Post by Kev M »

airbox wrote:I'm by no means an elecrtical buff, but my cigarette lighter has not been working. I checked the fuse and it was fine. So it's left me puzzled. Has anyone here had a problem like this? Thanks for any help.

-Brad
Even if the fuse is good you'll want to know if there is power AT the fuse (if you're familiar with a DVOM or test light it's a pretty simple check probing both the hot side and the ground side).

IF there is power at the fuse and you're SURE the fuse is good (it doesn't hurt to swap it and be 100% certain), then you need to check for power at the lighter. If there is no power the problem is the wiring between the 2 points. The first thing I'd check is to make sure there are breaks in the wire behind the dash and that one of the terminals just hasn't come off the back of the lighter.