can I swap my manual to a automatic?

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

gio-300-zx
Scoobytruck Lurker

can I swap my manual to a automatic?

Post by gio-300-zx »

Hi everyone, I am getting pretty tired of shifting and don't want to sell my baja. would it be to difficult to swap it to an automatic trans?
Sabber
Scoobytruck Master

Re: can I swap my manual to a automatic?

Post by Sabber »

you know manual bajas are pretty hrd to find and I have read at least one thread where someone was trying to convert an automatic to a manual. Why dont you try seeing if you could just trade someone your manual for their automatic?
speedymatt
Scoobytruck Master

Post by speedymatt »

either way it would be nice to know what we're dealing with. year, turbo/NA, mileage, location?
gio-300-zx
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by gio-300-zx »

speedymatt wrote:either way it would be nice to know what we're dealing with. year, turbo/NA, mileage, location?
Its a 2003 with 36k miles and I am in Miami, FL. I thought it was the other way around, I thought there were more manual bajas than automatic.

Well if anyone is interested in trading there automatic, that would be great. My baja is the sport trim so no leather.

thanks
speedymatt
Scoobytruck Master

Post by speedymatt »

that is so tempting. i have an 03/auto w/56k and leather, the KBB comparasion is that my auto is an avg of only $650 more than your 5sp. if my wife never drove my car i could justify it but she never liked any on my manual cars in the past. oh well good luck.