Moonroof problem

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

DRPSNERTLE
Scoobytruck Lurker

Moonroof problem

Post by DRPSNERTLE »

Here goes:

2004 Baja sport without any problems to date except having to replace gas, oil, tires, etc. Moonroof won't close with switch and seems operable with manual hex key provided. The tilt function operates as desired but, I cannot get the darn thing to close. Cables are intact, channels are clean, everything looks like the day I bought it and I have done searches on all the forums and haven't found a solution. I removed and cleaned the contacts on the switch, checked fuses, wire chafing etc. but nothing seems amiss. Has anybody experienced this malady? Please advise since spring is on the horizon.
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Re: Moonroof problem

Post by jaxed »

DRPSNERTLE wrote:Here goes:

2004 Baja sport without any problems to date except having to replace gas, oil, tires, etc. Moonroof won't close with switch and seems operable with manual hex key provided. The tilt function operates as desired but, I cannot get the darn thing to close. Cables are intact, channels are clean, everything looks like the day I bought it and I have done searches on all the forums and haven't found a solution. I removed and cleaned the contacts on the switch, checked fuses, wire chafing etc. but nothing seems amiss. Has anybody experienced this malady? Please advise since spring is on the horizon.
Have you checked the fuse? I'd imagine some other things wouldn't work if the fuse was out...