Pulled over off road?

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Atomis
Scoobytruck Contributer

Pulled over off road?

Post by Atomis »

So I figured since i drive a subaru baja i would show up to my friends car club meeting muddy for once......well my friend jeff knows of a place behind books a million that is really fun, we head out.

we arrive at BAM and Jeff parks around front so that he can pull me out if I get stuck. I drive through a small pond and there is a dirt trail after it we go down the trail out of the corner of my eye I see a white car. I hope that he didnt see me or didnt care well I continue down the trail get to the end turn to exit and he is waiting there. I roll down my window and say
Me"afternoon"
Officer 1: "what are you doing back here?
Me: "It seemed like a great day for a little exploring"
Officer 1: "I dont think so, you need to pull over there onto the road and turn your car off."
I do I also take everything out of my pockets and put it in the cupholder Jeff didnt think that far ahead. I pull out my documents and hand them over
Officer 1:go back to my car and put your hands on the hood
at this point another car pulls up 'yay!'. I get the typical questions any sharp objects, do I smoke pot, any other drugs?
me:"No sir."
meanwhile is getting searched
Officer 2"Any sharp objects?"
He motions to the 2 knives on his belt"
Officer 2"Anything else?"
Jeff "There is a wood screw in my pocket"
Officer 2 "uh" *digs in jeffs pocket*
Jeff "Carefull its sharp"
Finaly Jeff has been disarmed
thrid car pulls up
*I shake my head*
Officer 1:"where is your brake tag?"
Me:"crap, my old one just expired and i peeled it off and was going to get a new windsheild this week"
Officer 1 "mind if we search your vehicle?"
Me: "no sir go right ahead, there are latches to open the back seat and carefull with switches in the car"
Officer 1&2 decend upon my car 3 keeps an eye on us they spend about 15 minutes on it, I hear things click on and off and they honk my horn and dig through everything they walk back over
Officer 1 "do you smoke pot?
Me: No sir
Officer 1 "do you sell drugs?" (he must have noticed the 2 laptops and the 3 cellphones)
Me:No sir
Officer 1 "where do you work?
Me: ****corp
Officer 1 *blank look*
Me: ****** Corporation office at *** northpark blvd we own most of that big building in back
Officer 1: What do you do for them?
Me: I am a computer technician
Officer 2: What do you roll *makes a motion with his hand*
Me: eh?
Officer 2: the dice in your car
Me: Oh Magic and DnD
Officer 2: oh cool i play dnd
Officer 1*looks at officer 2 funny*
Officer 3 *looks at my car and comments to jeff* "I bet that is a fun car"
Jeff *says a few things about my car*
Me: I would just like to comment on the reflective qualitys of the white paint on these crown vics....its exceptional
Officer 3 "Yep you get to work on your tan"
Officer 1 "you can stand up just hang loose for a minute and when you come back clean you two can go"
Officer 1 to 2 and 3 "Yeah man they sent me back here to watch for 4 wheelers and this car comes rolling by I had to tell disbatch like 3 times it was a car.
Officer 1 *talks on radio away from us* "you two are free to go, Get a brake tag!"
Me: "thank you sir"
They are all still sitting there talking I start my car and when i do they all look over at me because of the sound i drive off and their heads follow me the whole way out.........talk about an intresting day.
Last edited by Atomis on Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ebbie97
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ebbie97 »

Great annecdote! Good thing you didn't get a ticket. Were you on a trail that is normally only accessible by four-wheeler? If so, they must have been pretty impressed with your Baja.
-EB