Rally Bars For Subaru Baja

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

baja03
Scoobytruck Master

Rally Bars For Subaru Baja

Post by baja03 »

Was up ya'll I have been talking to Rally Innovations about getting a rally bar made for our Baja on NASIOC but I still need as much input as i can get to convince them to produce these Rally Bars. If you haven't seen these are different designs for the bars.

Impreza Style 2 (skid-bar)

Impreza Style 1 (Rally Bar)

Forester (Rally Bar)
baja03
Scoobytruck Master

Post by baja03 »

from what they say the Rally bar will bolt-on and cost about $269 in black and then add $50 to get a different color plus what ever shipping will cost. The last email I sent was some questions:

What material are these Rally Bars made of?

Where would these Rally Bars bolt on?

Would it be possible to make them with 1/2" larger tubing?

Would it be possible to combine the Impreza Skid Plate Bar with the Forester Rally Bar? (people keep asking for a skid plate)

Is there a weight limit for the front end where the Rally Bar bolts on?

The price you gave me of $269 + $50 (for different color) would not include shipping but how much do you think shipping will cost?

You said it would probably cost $50 for a different color, what other colors do you believe will be offered and do you think chrome is an option (like the truck grill-guards, or the roll bars on the Baja)?

If anyone can think of any other questions PM me and I will try to get them answered.
brujah
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by brujah »

I purchased (but have not received yet) a Westin Safari bar (look it up on Ebay). The bars are universal except for the mounting brackets for specific applications.

Westin does not make one for a Baja, but once I get it in my hands, I should be able to fab up a bracket at work....I'll keep you posted.
2005 turbo - WRX intercooler, Samco hoses, GFB bov, 3" Helix catless downpipe, 2.5" SS CatBackEx, front and rear skidplates(for rocks and logs), Westin safari bar, lots of Hella 500's
baja03
Scoobytruck Master

Post by baja03 »

Thats kool you keep doing that and i will keep pressure on these boys at rally innovations, and let me know how it turns out.
baja03
Scoobytruck Master

Post by baja03 »

I have answers to the questions that I asked Rally Innovations earlier this week

What material are these Rally Bars made of? Mild Steel
>
> Where would these Rally Bars bolt on? Lower bumper beam or sub frame.
>
> Would it be possible to make them with 1/2" tubing? I believe you
mean 1 1/2" tubing. Yes it is possible but we would rather use 1 1/4" for production.
>
> Would it be possible to combine the Impreza Skid Plate Bar with the
> Forester Rally Bar? (people keep asking for a skid plate) If we go with the Forester style bar, then a skid plate may be possible.
>
> Is there a weight limit for the front end where the Rally Bar bolts
on? We've tested 4 lights or 8 lbs. Extra reinforcements can be
customized.

>
> The price you gave me of $269 + $50 (for different color) would not
> include shipping but how much do you think shipping will cost?
Shipping will vary from $35-$45 depending on region. We're in CA, so
$45 would be for the east coast.

>
> You said it would probably cost $50 for a different color, what other
> colors do you believe will be offered and do you think chrome is an
option (like the truck grill-guards, or the roll bars on the Baja)? We have several shades of Dark Gray (Gun Metal) and Silvers. Theses are the most common, but please inquire. We will only run one custom color at a time, so it's important to pick a common color.
baja03
Scoobytruck Master

Post by baja03 »

Here Is the most recent Email from Rally innovations.

"Not a problem. However, please sign up on our forum and create a new
thread under light bars and have them post there. That way we can keep
track on the interests.

Thanks"

Lets continue to give them input Subie Owners

PS: hey there are two forums for the Baja choose the one with the four option on the pole
baja03
Scoobytruck Master

Post by baja03 »

I don't think there will be any rally bars for other Subaru models because there is no input on the Rally Innovations light bar forum.
brujah
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by brujah »

The bars they offer certainly look cool, but IMHO seem waaaay too overpriced for what they are. I've seen one of their lightbars on an Impreza, and wasn't too impressed.

still haven't received the Westin bar yet....
2005 turbo - WRX intercooler, Samco hoses, GFB bov, 3" Helix catless downpipe, 2.5" SS CatBackEx, front and rear skidplates(for rocks and logs), Westin safari bar, lots of Hella 500's
baja03
Scoobytruck Master

Post by baja03 »

when i had my Mazda B3000 4X4 i priced the bars and they were like $300-$400 thats not even installed.
brujah
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by brujah »

i won this Westin Safari bar off of Ebay for $132 shipped. Granted, it may take some fabrication for the bracket, but making a bracket is easier than making a whole bar...
baja03
Scoobytruck Master

Post by baja03 »

go for it but i am going to keep interest with Rally Innovations and get th rally bars produced.
brujah
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by brujah »

Cool! the more options we have available, the better!
baja03
Scoobytruck Master

Post by baja03 »

If yall would like to see a rally bar made for the Baja those who haven't voted for a style go vote @

http://www.rallyinnovations.com/forums/ ... .php?t=176

PS: I am not sure how they would be able to make the Impreza 3 Style
spazchicken
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by spazchicken »

OK, I went and voted, but I'd really rather have a bull/nudge bar than a stupid light bar. It's a truck, not a rally car.
baja03
Scoobytruck Master

Post by baja03 »

The thing is the bull/nudge bars on trucks bolt to the frame, where the Baja is a Unibody frame which means the frame is not as strong as a Truck frame so it would be hard to make a bull/nudge bar that can with stand all the aspects and purposes of the Nudge/Bull bar, this is why I like the thought of the Forester Bar combined with the Rally Skid Bar.