Full set of Baja seats on EBAY

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Packa
Scoobytruck Contributer

Full set of Baja seats on EBAY

Post by Packa »

they say they're leather... and indeed the center section appears gray and perforated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-06-SU ... enameZWDVW
Witchita/04 Turbo
Kev M
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Kev M »

Nice find.

Unless he has some shills, I don't expect bidding will get out of hand.

You thinking of getting em?

Kev
mikey6331
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by mikey6331 »

I have the leather seats, but on mine ('06) the headrest also has the perforated grey leather inserts.

Is this something that changed somewhere between model years?
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

My 03 has solid headrests, just like the ebay ones. Have not seen them in awhile, they are covered up with seatcovers. Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Post by davecoon13 »

How hard would it be to install these? I got the 03 Sport and have begun to regret the cloth seats. I have vinyl covers on my front seats. If I had it to do over again, I would have gotten the regular baja.
Kev M
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Kev M »

davecoon13 wrote:How hard would it be to install these? I got the 03 Sport and have begun to regret the cloth seats. I have vinyl covers on my front seats. If I had it to do over again, I would have gotten the regular baja.
I would think they would be direct bolt-ins.

Was there a power driver's seat? That's the only potential issue, but I sorta expect the wiring harness would already be there. If not it's probably just a matter of running a fused power feed and a ground wire. No big deal.
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Post by davecoon13 »

Kev M wrote:Was there a power driver's seat? That's the only potential issue, but I sorta expect the wiring harness would already be there. If not it's probably just a matter of running a fused power feed and a ground wire. No big deal.
Since I have the bottom of the barrel Baja Sport, the cloth seat is not powered in the Sport. However, the leather seats are powered.

In the Baja Sport, is a quick disconnect plug under the driver seat not connecting to anything. Somehwere in one of these forums, somebody posted that the purpose of that plug is for a power seat.

I didn't bid on those leather seats because I found out from the seller that the back seat headrests are not included.

I want complete leather seats, not just back seat leather with keeping my cloth headrests.

This Forum hasn't been notifying me when a reply is posted, that is why I have been gone so long, I figured it would notify me, since I checked that option. That feature worked before.
Kev M
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Kev M »

davecoon13 wrote:
Kev M wrote:Was there a power driver's seat? That's the only potential issue, but I sorta expect the wiring harness would already be there. If not it's probably just a matter of running a fused power feed and a ground wire. No big deal.
Since I have the bottom of the barrel Baja Sport, the cloth seat is not powered in the Sport. However, the leather seats are powered.

In the Baja Sport, is a quick disconnect plug under the driver seat not connecting to anything. Somehwere in one of these forums, somebody posted that the purpose of that plug is for a power seat.

I didn't bid on those leather seats because I found out from the seller that the back seat headrests are not included.

I want complete leather seats, not just back seat leather with keeping my cloth headrests.

This Forum hasn't been notifying me when a reply is posted, that is why I have been gone so long, I figured it would notify me, since I checked that option. That feature worked before.
Was there a question in that post?

I wouldn't be surprised if the wiring was there, but I cannot confirm.

As for the headrests, I betcha an upholstery shop could recover them to pretty much match for not much money. (In case another set comes up without the headrests or, it looks like those didn't sell, so maybe you could contact him and still buy them if you are interested).

Kev