How much for an '06 Turbo?

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

txbaja
Scoobytruck Lurker

How much for an '06 Turbo?

Post by txbaja »

Hello, possible new owner here. I'm seriously looking at an '06 Turbo, but was wondering what the going price was. If you bought a 2006 Turbo, please drop a short note saying how much you paid for it, and where you bought it. A comparison thread would be nice for anyone (like me) who might be thinking of buying. The MSRP here is $25,684. What do you think would be a good price to offer?
Thanks, and hope to join you guys soon.
Atomic Baja
Scoobytruck Contributer

The Deal on my '05

Post by Atomic Baja »

The MSRP on my '05 was about the same when I bought it last July. I paid $22,125 for my '05 Turbo with MT and premium sound. I worked three different dealerships against each other until one came down to this price on the Royal Blue. I then presented this price to a dealer that had the Atlantic Blue, which was what I wanted and they took it. It also helped when I told them I had a check already to go for that amount as well!

I was very happy with the price I paid and after owning the vehicle, would have probably paid closer to MSRP anyway!

Good Luck to ya!
txbaja
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by txbaja »

Thanks for the reply. Was that actual price, or drive out (to include TTL etc.)?
Flowmastered87GL
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Flowmastered87GL »

I have found that http://www.carsdirect.com is a good place to get a number... take that price and use it on the dealer... better than MSRP for sure.

I paid $500 over invoice for my 2005 sport because they had to get the unit I wanted from another state and I figured a little profit was fair.

Another good resource to get invoice is http://www.cars101.com Its run by Joe Spitz at Carter in Seattle.
2005 Baja Sport, 51k ("NU BRAT")
2004 Freightliner Columbia Day Cab 504k
iflyfast1

Post by iflyfast1 »

I paid $100 over invoice on my 06 Turbo last month. That was before the $500 factory rebate. I did most of my shopping on the internet. You can even check dealer inventory which was a big help since I found the turbo's hard to come by in my area.
bajabeauty

Post by bajabeauty »

I'm trading in my '03 for the '06 turbo, but I want the extras since this is the last year so I was quoted 28,000...for the turbo. The depreciation difference is 2,500 though. I'm dealing with 2 different locals, and when I do this....I just want to time it before it is to late for a custom order. Anyone know the latest you can custom order one....I'm particuler and everyone I've presented my specs to reccomends a custom order. I haven't gotten any straight answers from dealers on this one.
iflyfast1

Post by iflyfast1 »

bajabeauty wrote:I just want to time it before it is to late for a custom order. Anyone know the latest you can custom order one....I'm particuler and everyone I've presented my specs to reccomends a custom order. I haven't gotten any straight answers from dealers on this one.
One dealer told me the factory where they assemble the Baja's has already been sold to Toyota to build Scion's so there will not be any more Baja's built. I haven't been able to confirm this though, and that was the same dealer trying to sell me the Baja Turbo he had on the lot at MSRP!
Caaron
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: How much for an '06 Turbo?

Post by Caaron »

I paid $25700 (including dest charge of $625) for my 2006 Baja Turbo (automatic), which included Air filtration system, rubber floor mats, leather, bed extender, hard cargo cover, bumper corner mouldings, and mirror with homelink and compass... I bought it in late November.

Chuck
txbaja wrote: If you bought a 2006 Turbo, please drop a short note saying how much you paid for it, and where you bought it. A comparison thread would be nice for anyone (like me) who might be thinking of buying. The MSRP here is $25,684. What do you think would be a good price to offer?
Thanks, and hope to join you guys soon.
Spacinjasman
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Spacinjasman »

8) I paid $25,700 for my '06 Baja turbo MT. I though it was a fair price especially when you get the performance the turbos give! I bought mine in March '06, and have been very happy with it so far. I have put over 4k on her so far! It goes pretty fast also! LOL! The only options I got were the bed extender, mud flaps, and air filtration system. Good luck with your Baja and enjoy it!
Spacinjason
'06 Silver Baja Turbo MT
thedanc
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by thedanc »

I just bought my 2006 Subaru Baja Turbo three weeks ago for $22,977. The sticker price was like 26500. There are a LOT of online car searching places. I live in the Denver area and was willing to drive as far as Albuquerque if I could get a fair price. Fortunately I found this car in Colorado Springs.

Black
Turbo
Leather
Manual

-Dan
-Dan
2006 Baja Turbo
swazz
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by swazz »

great price! i bought mine in july for a few hundred less,but no leather.I would rather have leather and at that price i think they gave that car to you.
stefan
Scoobytruck Master

Post by stefan »

Not to pressure you or anything- But the Baja is very short lived at this point- The Dealerships know this and are willing to make a deal to move them out- I got my used 03 Sport for $3000 under Kelly Blue Book- and I got them to toss in a tonnaue cover and a tank of gas- Point is that is you want one- NOW is the time to buy- My local dealer told me NO more custom orders as the line run is shut down (course dealers will tell you ANYTHING to move a lot unit!)
I always wanted a BRAT, I had a Baja (sold) Now I have an Outback