CHicken!

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

stefan
Scoobytruck Master

CHicken!

Post by stefan »

Well last week I finially did a bit of off road driving- Nothing to crazy- just a jaunt down a local creekbed- got a little lose in a sand bank (hmm mostly heavy footed first gear fun) I was gonna explore a bit further but the creek got in my way- and I was to chicken to cross it alone (yes I was alone) the water was not deep (4 to 5 inches tops) but it was moving pretty good and I was afraid of a washout under the tires (the riffle dumped into a much deeper hole- about 4 feet deep!) But when I left the area some MORON on a Yamaha bike had parked his scooter in the exit - SO I climbed the bank next to the bike- Popped the clutch (oops) and sprayed the bike with a shower of loose gravel and sand- It was very cool to hear both front and rear tires squeal as they grabbed pavement (sliding sideways!!!) Good clean fun!! I also got to collect some rocks and sea (creek) glass- I was pretty amazed at how nimble and sure footed the Baja felt- I used to take my Dakota down into this area and I also would feel like the dang thing was slipping and sinking in the gravel and sand- but the Baja kinda just floated along like it was nothing!!!
I always wanted a BRAT, I had a Baja (sold) Now I have an Outback
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

Please do share the location!!
wrx03
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by wrx03 »

Did my first creek drive this weekend. A lot of fun :D
stefan
Scoobytruck Master

Post by stefan »

YB- Cattaragus Creek where it passes under Savage road (about 10-12 miles East of Springville- about a mile off rt 39.) I pretty cool place- especially durning the week (a bit of a party hangout on weekends) Only problem is that with a heavy rain the "road" becomes a part of the creek- musta been a good 8 inches of water there this AM!
I always wanted a BRAT, I had a Baja (sold) Now I have an Outback