Will Baja parts be hard to find?

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

i8472

Will Baja parts be hard to find?

Post by i8472 »

I posted earlier that I'm considering a 2006 Baja Turbo. Before I get too serious though, I have some important questions..

1) Will the Baja's discontinuation (if it happens) adversely affect the availability/cost of replacement parts?

I'm guessing that the Baja shares many of it's major components with the Legacy and perhaps to a lesser extent, the Forester. But what about those that are unique to the Baja? I'm sure it's going to cost more to fix 'em in the long run.

2) Will the Baja's unique looks/unpopularity adversely affect it's trade-in value many years down the road?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!
stefan
Scoobytruck Master

Post by stefan »

Here is my take on things- Major parts (engine, tranny, brakes, exhaust- ect.) should not be to big of an issue- the speciality (unique) parts may create a bit of a problem- or force the use of used or remanufactured parts. As for the trade in value- well honestly unless your trading in every couple of years- ANY vehicle is not worth trading in- As I see it the Baja's are going to become an almost classic Cult like vehicle (Brats, Corvairs, Pakers, ect.) So in a perfect world- your Baja will be More Valuable as time goes on- I am also convinced that the Baja may re-appear in a few Years- I think Subbie was way ahed of itself with the 03 introduction- Now with Gas prices reaching new standards I really see the Baja as becoming A high demand vehicle- I look for a body redesign- and some variation in Engine options (probably the 3.0- and possible even a hi-bred Toyota configuration) SO I say- Don't worry- and enjoy driving your Baja!
I always wanted a BRAT, I had a Baja (sold) Now I have an Outback