One more YEAR???

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

usmc13

One more YEAR???

Post by usmc13 »

Just talked to a service guy at portland, or. subaru and he said they were just told that the Baja's would get one more year, can someone verify this? He also told me that Subaru is merging with Toyota. I got this from the top service guy but that could be just smoke. I hope its true about the extra year not sure about merger.
Eric
Scoobytruck Lurker

From what I read a month or two ago

Post by Eric »

GM (or was it Ford... no matter) unloaded their shares of Subaru to Toyota which I guess means Toyota gets to peek at Subaru's technology and domestic automakers will keep on trying to sell sleds to consumers that see themselves (at half-time) as construction workers or cowboys.
Eric
Sunny West Seattle, the land that time forgot.
NOTBRAT
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by NOTBRAT »

Toyota will be using the Subaru's plant in Indiana to produce Toyotas. I think Toyota purchased a 10% interest in Subaru. The factory has capacity for about 200,000 cars per year, but Subaru has only been making 100,000. Not sure which vehicles will be made by Toyota - probably Camry's.

As for the Baja getting another year... I don't know. But it seems unlikely.
usmc13

Post by usmc13 »

I heard on another site that toyota bought GM's share and another 10% and they are going to build the camry at the indy plant. Also was told that they might be holding some of the Bajas at some port, not sure what thats all about.
Pow
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: From what I read a month or two ago

Post by Pow »

Eric wrote:...which I guess means Toyota gets to peek at Subaru's technology...
and vice versa. When in for service and talking with one of the local subie sales guys late last year the topic of hybrids came up. He mentioned something about Subaru working with Toyota's technology in development of the first Subaru hybrid. Curious to see what comes out of it.

-Pow
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Re: One more YEAR???

Post by davecoon13 »

usmc13 wrote:Just talked to a service guy at portland, or. subaru and he said they were just told that the Baja's would get one more year, can someone verify this?
Several sites, including what I consider the Best Baja Site, have empaticaly stated that there is no 2007 Baja.