Huh-the little critter won an award!

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Huh-the little critter won an award!

Post by yellowblaze »

So theres a car show we go to every year with our 73 Mach-but our Mach is in pieces with no motor right now. So we were going to just stop up and say hey to our friends that had thier cars there (my 00 Vert is blocked into it's garage space by building materials so it couldn't make it either). Last night we stopped by the house of one friend, to show him how well my father in laws car cleaned up (a whole other story!), and my hubby told him I said we shoud bring the Baja (hubby thought this was a bad idea)....Our friend said, yeah, you should bring it. So, we did. Never even popped the hood because we didn't have time to really clean up the motor. We were shocked when we got an "award of excellence" in our class!!
blubaja03
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by blubaja03 »

Uh..awsome! What class did you enter it in?
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

We decided on 2000-2006 stock. There was a truck class (but it was for stock & modified), as well as an import class (also stock & modified). We were really unsure what class to choose, so we asked the group we were with what class they would put it in. Came up with 00-06 stock production. It included PT Cruisers, Montes, Camaros/Firebirds, Mustangs and I think maybe a Charger. I think a Camaro took first, the rest of the awards in the class aren't done by place (2nd, 3rd, etc)-so if they have a big class, they could have 5 awards of excellence (who wants to win 5th place, lol).

We both felt a bit silly bringing it-we've gone to an all Subie show with it, but this was all models-from the model As on up, and it seemed weird. Got a pretty good response though, I think the guy parked next to us would buy one if they still made them! The licence plate thing gets a lot of interest (the flip down rear plate), as does the pass through....
ebbie97
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ebbie97 »

Good for you Yellowblaze! Congrats! Finally some unexpected recognition for a Baja.
-EB