We got the Lights!!!!

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Baja Turbo

Re: We got the Lights!!!!

Post by Baja Turbo »

[quote author=bajabob link=board=gen;num=1108691441;start=0#13 date=02/19/05 at 22:13:46]I didn't realize that the lights were made by Hella for Subaru. They should work really well then. What pattern are they ie fog,driving ?<br><br>Bob[/quote]<br><br><br><br><br>Driving
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Re: We got the Lights!!!!

Post by yellowblaze »

[quote author=bajabob link=board=gen;num=1108691441;start=0#13 date=02/19/05 at 22:13:46]I didn't realize that the lights were made by Hella for Subaru. They should work really well then. What pattern are they ie fog,driving ?<br><br>Bob[/quote]<br><br>Yeah, I didn't know that either-I was pretty happy to see the Hella name on the back whe we unpacked them!  They are made to work only when the e-brake is engaged-I have heard, however, that if you pull it one click, they will work.<br><br>[quote author=jaXed link=board=gen;num=1108691441;start=0#14 date=02/19/05 at 23:33:50]yellowblaze: thanks...  I notice that the Sport Lights arte going for $169 (?) on eBay - so I may just go with those...[/quote]<br><br>That should be the same seller I got mine from.  I just "bought it now", .01 shipping & shorter wait!  It's the whole kit too, wiring, switch, lights...
BajaT05
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by BajaT05 »

How much were they?
hookupny
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by hookupny »

I wimped out and mounted a pair to the front license plate bracket... pics here:

http://edsbaja.4t.com/photo.html
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Looks nice, I have to do that to mine one of these days, as I would like more light when the high beams are on. I get enough people flashin the brights at me with the low beams and fogs on, so I may as well have them flash at me with the high beams. Mike
ebbie97
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ebbie97 »

I just got the lights installed on my 03 Sport. What a pain to have to remove all that plastic to get to the wire harness. Took me a good part of the day, but it finally is done.

The lights are pretty much the same as the Hella 500's which are about $75. I got mine from eBay for $99 plus shipping. The extra 25 bucks is worth the brackets, harness, etc.
-EB