Pushing the off road limits of the Baja!

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Flowmastered87GL
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Flowmastered87GL »

yellowblaze wrote:This one didnt do any damage, we learned from our last experiance (just a broken splash guard then). We did stop and turn around a bit further up as the rocks got too big to go over and there was no safe way around them. Funny thing, that's actually a road-with a name and everything. It isnt a dead end either, so the next time we're up that way we're going to try it from the other end to see how far we can get that way. A few more inches of clearance and we'd have made it no problem. It had absolutely no problems with the wet rocks either-I did get a chance to "watch" the "wheels that slip to the wheels that grip" aspect though, when I was guiding my husband by the bigger rocks from outside the truck.
Ya... those named roads are interesting... 2 of note that I've gone on before back with my GL.

One had a sign saying "Impassible when wet" Because it got HUGE ruts from the water running down the hill. I still made it though... I took the signs as a challenge.

Another was Mill Creek Road in The Dalles Oregon.... miles and miles out is a hill called Suicide Grade... well I had to see what it was... dented the floor on some rocks :x Then at the top of the hill a tree was blocking the road... so had to turn around and go back. Still havnt figured out how to get to the road from the back side.
2005 Baja Sport, 51k ("NU BRAT")
2004 Freightliner Columbia Day Cab 504k
yellowblaze
Scoobytruck Master

Post by yellowblaze »

I just mapquested the road name and followed it to the other end, then figured out how to get to that spot.