Finally posting about my Baja

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Mono
Scoobytruck Lurker

Finally posting about my Baja

Post by Mono »

Hello all.
In January I picked up my '03 Baja Sport - Red - Manual Transmission.
LOVE it. Thought about getting an '05 turbo, but dealership didn't want to deal, and the guy with the '03 made me an offer I couldn't refuse.
Very happy with my decision. :D

Only downside: the extreme window noise... any one else with that? (Sorry if it's an earlier thread, I am search challenged). :roll:

OH, and it came with the ARE top (which i was going to get anyways).
The dog is still getting used to the pass through thing. Entertaining to watch him though! And love the looks from others "what the...?" :lol:

-Aaron
bajabob
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajabob »

2 things to that can cause wind noise are the roof racks and the door window seals. Pull off the roof racks to see if that makes a difference or try putting a small filler strip in behind the first foot or so of window seal by the mirrors.

Bob
Spacinjasman
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Spacinjasman »

8) Congrats on your Baja! I sure do love mine! I got the Turbo and man does that thing go! It does get some wind noise, but what I find most annoying is that if you crack your windows a little for fresh air in the rain, the water drips in on the arm rest and controls. The cupholder kind of gets in the way for shifting also. Pretty minor annoyances! I never use the pass through door as I have 2 kids car seats in the back. I wish they would have offered a power rear window instead. That would be of more use to me personnally.
Anyway, enjoy your Baja!
Spacinjason
'06 Silver Baja Turbo MT