Justifiable Homicide????

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Atomic Baja
Scoobytruck Contributer

Justifiable Homicide????

Post by Atomic Baja »

My six-year old was very, very mad at me for not buying a toy the other day. He figured that he'd get back at the ol' man by putting a scratch across the hood of my Baja!!!

I'm pretty sure I can buff it out, but I'm going to have to remove the #%@!*!! bug shield to do it right!

Please tell me why it's illegal to put kids on Ebay!!!
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

At least the kid din't draw a picture on the side with a rock or something, that would be alot worse!!
MRE
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by MRE »

Scars give character and chicks dig'em... but the kid has to go
Packa
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Packa »

my vote goes this way:

Kids are here to teach you what's important -- besides, they give you love unconditionally no matter how you screw up.
Fuzzy
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Fuzzy »

If you need a hitman just let me know.

Fuzzy
X20
Scoobytruck Contributer

demon seed

Post by X20 »

dude, you gots to nip that behavior in the ass. there are 2 ways to do this, old school (how I was raised), or new school.
old school is simple, show him the scratch and beat the shit out of him, when he slows his crying ask him if he knows why you hit him, then continue to beat, with stick or belt.
new school, show him the scratch and tell him how much it hurt your feelings and upset you, if he aknowledes he did wrong its all good, if not, see old school methods and possibly include a good ol' drop on the head from about knee height onto hard floor or concrete.
good luck with your spawn
Atomic Baja
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Atomic Baja »

I suprised myself. He did this when he was mad. I waited until I cooled down a bit before I did anything which is the lesson I would like for him to learn. I then told him that the Scoobytruck will most likely be his when he is old enough to drive so he only scratched his own car.

I then took away the Nintendo until I can get the scratch buffed out.

He's also going to stand by my side while I buff the car out as soon as the weather permits!

I was thinking about spanking him but he had the nads to tell me he did it and why.
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

At least he told you why he did it, seems to have a bit of a temper. I would have gotten a case of asswhoopin over it if that was my dads car when I was little. The old man never put up with any crap like that. But now adays you can go to jail for whoopin a kid, even if it is yours. Sad to see that, some kids need it once and awhile. Mike
NOTBRAT
Scoobytruck Contributer

Scratched

Post by NOTBRAT »

I think the punishment fit the crime pretty well. Nice job. And you don't have to feel guilty for hitting a little kid.

When I was 3, I let the air out of all 4 of my dad's tires. He couldnt drive the car to get air at a gas station so had to pump up the tires with a metal bicycle pump. It got so hot he had to use a cold rag to keep his hands cool.

As for me, I didn't fess up until about 20 years later. So I guess the statute of limitations expired and I escaped punishment.

Good luck on the buffing!
baja03
Scoobytruck Master

Post by baja03 »

I would have to give my kid a woopin, plus ground him, and then make him hand buff the scratch out and I would stand over him watching him to make sure he does his best to get out the scratch but thats just my way I would deal with it. ( My dad would of beat me with a belt if I did that to his car when I was younger)
bajabeauty

Post by bajabeauty »

Reading this made me laugh.....My kids never scratched the paint however they thought the cup holder cushions were fun to rip out in little pieces. All of them looked like someone chewed on them. When I asked why did you do that I got the " I don't know response". That car is now traded in, so I'm not reminded of that everytime I see it. My son will probably get the Baja when he is old enouph to drive too.