New Baja owner

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

jamshell
Scoobytruck Lurker

New Baja owner

Post by jamshell »

I took home my Black '06 Baja Sport yesterday. I love this car.
hookupny
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: New Baja owner

Post by hookupny »

jamshell wrote:I took home my Black '06 Baja Sport yesterday. I love this car.
Congrats and welcome... enjoy it !

ed
Popereel
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Popereel »

Hey, I just bought a new '06 black Baja Sport on the Nov. 18th - It's a great little vehicle. The speaker upgrade was worth every penny!
:lol:
chicken n waffles
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by chicken n waffles »

welcome!
-Ben
'05 Baja Turbo M/T
Atlantic Blue
hookupny
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by hookupny »

Popereel wrote:Hey, I just bought a new '06 black Baja Sport on the Nov. 18th - It's a great little vehicle. The speaker upgrade was worth every penny!
I agree and congrats to U as well.
Highlander
Scoobytruck Contributer

Totally agree and welcome

Post by Highlander »

My "Black Pearl" is also that great Obsidian Black Pearl color with the blue/green flecks - LOVING IT!
Welcome - I'm a relative newbie with an '05 Turbo 5-speed. Any road trips planned out there??
Caaron
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Caaron »

Popereel wrote:Hey, I just bought a new '06 black Baja Sport on the Nov. 18th - It's a great little vehicle. The speaker upgrade was worth every penny!
I'm curious about the speaker upgrade--I bought a new '06 this month as well. Did you get the speakers from the dealer or on-line? Can you describe the difference you notice? Did you also get the subwoofer?

Chuck
Popereel
Scoobytruck Lurker

Speakers

Post by Popereel »

Hi Chuck...I ordered the tweeters, speaker upgrade and the subwoofer which is mounted under the passenger seat. I stayed with the stock single CD player. The sound is very full and balanced. Here in Canada (for some odd reason) Subaru loads the sport model and offers very few add-ons ie. the turbo is not available. I basically ordered everything I could except the 6 cd changer. I did not have the opportunity to hear the original speakers.
Dan.
Ps...passengers seem to like feeling the sub underneath them...makes them feel the music.
Caaron
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Caaron »

Thanks for the info. I got the Turbo model with the Leather package, which included the 6 CD changer, but I assume the speakers are not the upgraded ones (they don't sound all that great). I'm planning to replace the stereo with one that will play MP3 CD's, but it sounds like a speaker upgrade would be appropriate as well.

chuck
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

Caaron wrote:Thanks for the info. I got the Turbo model with the Leather package, which included the 6 CD changer, but I assume the speakers are not the upgraded ones (they don't sound all that great). I'm planning to replace the stereo with one that will play MP3 CD's, but it sounds like a speaker upgrade would be appropriate as well.

chuck
the turbo should come standard WITH the tweeters and the upgraded speakers standard. At least the 05s did.

the subwoofer is still optional.