Starting a new modification. Custom Grill!

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

alcyone
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Starting a new modification. Custom Grill!

Post by alcyone »

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why didn't you just buy a jspec grill from a be/bh legacy?
2006 Baja Turbo 5MT - HD Axles, Perrin Int Hose & PS Mount + Group N Mounts, HKS DP/BOV, IAG lines
2009 BMW 535I 6MT - JB4+BEF, BMS DCI, Custom Exhaust, VRSF Charge Pipe + Tial BOV, RB PCV, BMS Oil Cooler, Hawk Brakes,
BajaMo
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by BajaMo »

I'm currently working on my grille.. Totally debadged. Used fiberglass to fill the gaps then bondo to smooth. Keep messing up the final paint so I'm currently wet sanding and getting ready to repaint once again. I used generic gutter guard from home depot for the mesh. It was under $3!
Attachments
20170316_144930.jpg
20170316_144930.jpg (3.49 MiB) Viewed 3001 times
rglass1040
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by rglass1040 »

BajaMo wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:21 pm I'm currently working on my grille.. Totally debadged. Used fiberglass to fill the gaps then bondo to smooth. Keep messing up the final paint so I'm currently wet sanding and getting ready to repaint once again. I used generic gutter guard from home depot for the mesh. It was under $3!
Thinking of going this route myself. I am curious about the yellow fog lamps. I have a busted lens and would love to have the yellow lenses
Rich
'06 Baja, Black, 1" Lift, 215/65 Generals
'18 Crosstrek, Sunshine Orange