Any experience with Coverking Neoprene seat covers?

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Anomaly
Scoobytruck Contributer

Any experience with Coverking Neoprene seat covers?

Post by Anomaly »

The leather is starting to crack and the seam is splitting on my '03 driver's seat. I've been thinking about having it reupholstered or getting custom fit covers. I came across an ad for these in Car and Driver while waiting to get tires mounted. Has anybody had any experience with them? I'm more concerned with durability than anything.

http://www.autoanything.com/seat-covers ... 38019.aspx
oldpro
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: Any experience with Coverking Neoprene seat covers?

Post by oldpro »

I haven't had any experience with Coverking, but I have worn neoprene paddling jackets and pants while kayaking. I think these could be felt as very hot, sticky and uncomfortable. Over on the Subaru Crosstrek website there are a few reports of a brand "Wet Okole" or something similar. Supposed to be very durable, easy to clean and available in an array of color combinations. They're imported from Hawaii as I remember, expensive, but highly regarded.
Acro2pilot
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Acro2pilot »

One alternative to suggest is going to STi seats, I got a very nice set of V7 STi seats from my local JDM importer, about $300 and they are perfect. I don't know if that fits you plan for the truck but for me it was a perfect solution. If you click on the link to my Baja in my signature I have some pics there.
canuck37
Scoobytruck Master

Post by canuck37 »

I have a set of Wet Okole covers and they are amazing fit and durability.....well worth the $$.
jseabolt
Scoobytruck Master

Post by jseabolt »

If you are wondering about fit, I have a set of their spacer mesh seat covers for my Fiat 124 Spider. The seats came out of an 87 Honda CRX. It was much cheaper than having them reupholstered. I would imagine the neoprene would hold up better. I would avoid the spacer mesh material because it is showing some wear. But they fit well.

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd148/turbofiat/

2003 Subaru Baja
1968 Ford Fairlane 500
1980 Fiat 124 Spider (turbocharged)
1987 Yugo GV (1500 turbocharged)
1981 Trabant 601 S
1987 Citroen 2CV
1977 MGB
jdlmodelt
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by jdlmodelt »

jseabolt wrote:If you are wondering about fit, I have a set of their spacer mesh seat covers for my Fiat 124 Spider. The seats came out of an 87 Honda CRX. It was much cheaper than having them reupholstered. I would imagine the neoprene would hold up better. I would avoid the spacer mesh material because it is showing some wear. But they fit well.

I put the Mesh in my Porsche Boxster. I like how it looks and feels.
bkb555
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by bkb555 »

I did mine a few years ago and LOVE them....I brought it to a Subaru repair guy and he loved them too...they cost about 400 but it is waaaaay better than split seats :D