Spare tire hoist

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

sykemikeg
Scoobytruck Contributer

Spare tire hoist

Post by sykemikeg »

I was testing my spare tire release out last night and it lowered making clicking sounds out of the hoist head. It did lower finally. Now raising or cranking the hoist up, it didn't move once the weight of the spare tire was on the cable. The hoist had was clicking even more the more I cranked. So obviously the cable is broke in the head or does this crank head have a clutch gear or something? I've never had one do that before. At least not in my S10 truck. Is there a aftermarket spare tire hoist carrier for this Baja? Or does any other car use this same hoist/carrier like outback or legacy ,or forester? I just want to make this car right and get it back the way it was 10 years ago. Thank y'all for your help in advance. Y'all have been a real big help. Thank you.
Acro2pilot
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Spare tire hoist

Post by Acro2pilot »

Mine is totally useless since I have the larger tires, I can just unbolt the thing and mail it to you if you cover shipping. Most of the cable is gone but you could use the one from your current unit.
sykemikeg
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: Spare tire hoist

Post by sykemikeg »

Most of the cable is gone? I appreciate it but that's ok. I don't have a workshop or tools to thread my cable in your housing. Thank you anyhow though. I 'll eventually find it on eBay whenever I have the money. That was very kind of you sir.