Does the 2005 Baja have back up lights? ,also my check engine stays on solid. Never goes out. Any suggestions. Just got

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

sykemikeg
Scoobytruck Contributer

Does the 2005 Baja have back up lights? ,also my check engine stays on solid. Never goes out. Any suggestions. Just got

Post by sykemikeg »

Baja

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Guacamole
Scoobytruck God

Re: Does the 2005 Baja have back up lights? ,also my check engine stays on solid. Never goes out. Any suggestions. Just

Post by Guacamole »

If by "backup lights" you mean the white lights on the rear of vehicles used to signal reverse than yes, all cars pretty much do. If yours aren't working, just replace the lights, they're really cheap. If they're still not coming on when your transmission is in reverse, you have an electrical problem, or the wiring is disconnected.

Have someone with a code reader plug in to the service port under the steering wheel, see why your check engine light is on (or you can buy a cheap one for around $30 on the internet, they aren't high-quality but give you a general idea of what your problem is). Most places like Autozone can usually do that for free, or take it to a mechanic you trust & they'll probably charge a fee for it, but probably get better results.
sykemikeg
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: Does the 2005 Baja have back up lights? ,also my check engine stays on solid. Never goes out. Any suggestions. Just

Post by sykemikeg »

Thank very much for the reply and help.

bajaguy
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajaguy »

When I got mine someone had taken off the tailgate and not reattached the wires for the reverse lights. They can be found right in the center where it hinges. Subaru took a shortcut and didn't put a plug there for if the tailgate was ever removed so when someone did that to my car they were careless about putting it back. One thing to check if it's not the bulbs.
sykemikeg
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by sykemikeg »

It was the back up light switch that goes in transmission. It's fixed now and everything works.

Zombaja
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Zombaja »

plus you can turn on the bed lights for even more Back Up Lightin' Action! :)