How do I maximize value for my Baja?

Talk about anything here. ANYTHING.

Moderator: cliffhanger

TamTrucklet
Scoobytruck Lurker

How do I maximize value for my Baja?

Post by TamTrucklet »

Later this month I'm letting my dear 2003 yelow Baja find a new home. My commute changed and I got an automatic, a Chevy Sonic, with better gas mileage, and after a year oof paying tags and insurance on two cars, time to face the fact that I need to let someone else own the Baja. Austin, Texas area.

What things will help me get top dollar? Should I post to eBay, Auto Trader, craigslist? Any semi-pro tips on reaching my audience of potential buyers?

2003, 177K miles, standard, minor rear bumper dent, all mechanics records. Local Subaru mechanic said to ask ballpark 7K. Any tips welcome!
hocrest
Scoobytruck Master

Re: How do I maximize value for my Baja?

Post by hocrest »

Baja's are somewhat rare and indemand, especially if it lived its life in a rust free area. I would get it on a site that would give nationwide exposure.

It's not uncommon to hear of people getting "new" Baja's shipped cross country.

If it is indeed rust free, I would include detailed pictures of the under body and common rust areas like the back corner of the rear fender.
Rizzo
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Rizzo »

I am very good at selling cars LOL !

I first imagine my experience shopping and then present that information.

When I cold my Crown Victoria, I cleaned it within an inch on it's life. The motor,the inside and all over.

I then shot a video and linked to it in my Ad.

I did a complete walk around and showed everything good,bad and ugly. All of it.

I did not have to come down on my price.

You can't change the vehicle, but you can change how you present it.
TamTrucklet
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by TamTrucklet »

Great suggestions! I can't say I remembered cars rusted, it is so rare here. great point that it is a rust free car and so surefooted on slick roads. After pricing pro detailing, I'm going to clean it myself, not pay for detailing or to pop out the back bumper dent.

I'll get its oil changed, make sure its in tip top shape and get good photos, including the flaws and rust free underbody. THANKS
TamTrucklet
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by TamTrucklet »

Ready and posted to Austin Craigslist - http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/4514648766.html

I wasn't sure how best to gets pics of the underbody, but did go all the way around in the best light, just as sun is setting so it is not harsh but still bright. Thanks for your helpful replies as I figure this out.

Only sold one car before, and that did go well. The odd thing about this 'hood is you wouldn't know they are rare. I have one of the three on my block.