Highest miles on a Baja (so far!)?

General talk about the Subaru Baja.

Moderator: mikenmel08

Takaaco
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Highest miles on a Baja (so far!)?

Post by Takaaco »

Just got my first Baja (first Subaru at all really). its an 03. I didn't read through all the post but i think i may have a contender for highest miles... 271,900 mi.. ran the CarFax and all the services have been done at the dealer and im the second owner.

"When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else." Mark Twain
tomato_88
Scoobytruck Master

Post by tomato_88 »

Subaru nutt 199 wrote:My dads 05 Subaru baja turbo has 137,000 HARD miles on it and the only things that have been wrong on it is someone who did one of the oil changes did not do the oil filter on correctly and it leaked oil and also that the air conditioner had a leak in it but is now fixed. I'm looking to put a anti sway bar on it and putting a drop in air filter and eventually putting a cat back exhaust on it
I have researched the sway bars and the general conclusion is that the rear bar is fine, the front can be upgraded and bushings all around will help. Just FYI.
AintGotNoSol
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by AintGotNoSol »

Takaaco wrote:Just got my first Baja (first Subaru at all really). its an 03. I didn't read through all the post but i think i may have a contender for highest miles... 271,900 mi.. ran the CarFax and all the services have been done at the dealer and im the second owner.
That looks REALLY good for the miles on it. Looks like it was really taken care of. Does it have any issues?
Takaaco
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Takaaco »

AintGotNoSol wrote:
Takaaco wrote:Just got my first Baja (first Subaru at all really). its an 03. I didn't read through all the post but i think i may have a contender for highest miles... 271,900 mi.. ran the CarFax and all the services have been done at the dealer and im the second owner.
That looks REALLY good for the miles on it. Looks like it was really taken care of. Does it have any issues?
its leaking a little oil and it has the "Subaru piston slap". I ran a vin check on it and saw all most of the services on the car were done at the dealer, so i called the dealer and got them to send me copies of all the services done. looks like in the last 100k miles the head gaskets, both front axles, oil and water pump have been replaced. No mention of the timing belt ever being replaced. So i'm saving up for that one right now.
"When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else." Mark Twain
AintGotNoSol
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by AintGotNoSol »

Seems to me that they would have replaced the Timing belt when they did the head gaskets, water pump, etc... the belt has to come off for that stuff, so why not replace it?

But if it's not listed then I would just go ahead and plan on replacing it just to be on the safe side. Anyway, nice looking ride!
Yellow Jacket
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Yellow Jacket »

waterborn2o2p
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by waterborn2o2p »

I have 170K on my 2003 Baja so far. It gets a lot of use during fishing season.

Fangcat
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Fangcat »

'03 Baja Sport - $173K. Still running great!!
Sooberman
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Sooberman »

Just passed 41,000 miles on my original 2003.
Ru Ru McGoo
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Ru Ru McGoo »

Wow! Wished I could say the same as all of youas to the low mileage. I bought my 2003 Baja over a year ago from a guy who had to repo'd a house and inherited the baja with the house. It had blown head gaskets and a bad tranny. Iam a mechanic by trade and got 5w30 oil for blood, so I pulled it all apart and regasketed the motor, machined the heads, adjusted all valves and rockers,all new belts, new water pump, replaced the tranny, new front cv axles, all new brake asm front/rear, replaced battery, repaired the A/c and repaired the muffler. I got about 7000.00 in it. It now has 108,000 miles on it and looking to get at least 200k. it still has a few minor issues, but a Baja is a rare find in the southeast part of US. I have been looking for one for a while and finally found one like I wanted and plan on keeping it for many years. I will buy another one if I can find a turbo with manual tranny locally. [smilie=asa.gif]
Rizzo
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Rizzo »

Takaaco
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Takaaco »

5050GRIP
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by 5050GRIP »

180000, still running beautiful.
bearrowland
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by bearrowland »

My 03 has 154k on the clock and runs like a champ, knock on wood....it's a non turbo so it takes her a bit to get up to speed but I don't mind! :D
tomato_88
Scoobytruck Master

Post by tomato_88 »

191000 and going strong.