looking for a EJ25 for my baja

Marketplace for Subaru Baja & Brat related things. Vehicles, accessories, eBay auctions...

Moderators: mikenmel08, 03ClassicYellow

Takaaco
Scoobytruck Master

looking for a EJ25 for my baja

Post by Takaaco »

My Baja has 275k miles and needs to be rebuilt. I would like to rebuild it myself but will take some time and $$ to do. So im looking for a replacement engine I can drop in in the meantime. Local salvage yard has one for $1700 but im not paying that for a junkyard engine.
"When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else." Mark Twain
Skemcin
Scoobytruck Master

Re: looking for a EJ25 for my baja

Post by Skemcin »

Takaaco wrote:My Baja has 275k miles and needs to be rebuilt. I would like to rebuild it myself but will take some time and $$ to do. So im looking for a replacement engine I can drop in in the meantime. Local salvage yard has one for $1700 but im not paying that for a junkyard engine.
Having just gone through this with my 02 Outback Sport (ironically a compatible engine) I would ask why not use a salvage (not junked) motor if it is just temporary? I make a distinction between salvage and junk because I know of a shop (mentioned on Facebook page) that might be able to help and their motor would not be from a car that was junked but from a car that would have been in an accident - like a rear end collision. And at least these guys can tell you some history on the car - mainly why/how they acquired it.

I think its worth considering, especially if you are implying that's its temporary anyway. Otherwise, I can source a long block crate motor if you like.