Need tailgate plastic plugs

Marketplace for Subaru Baja & Brat related things. Vehicles, accessories, eBay auctions...

Moderators: mikenmel08, 03ClassicYellow

4subiefam
Scoobytruck Lurker

Need tailgate plastic plugs

Post by 4subiefam »

I am looking for some of the round plastic plugs for a Baja tailgate. Is anyone parting a Baja out?

Thanks
boomer2
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Need tailgate plastic plugs

Post by boomer2 »

Iam also missing one of these clip and one of the screws in the bed liner. Ive been wanting to call Subaru to get some and since I work in parts at Honda I would get a discount but just been too busy this week to get a chance to call em up
boomer2
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by boomer2 »

the local subaru dealership had those plastic clips for the tailgate but they are almost 10 bucks a piece thankfully i only needed one
jseabolt
Scoobytruck Master

Post by jseabolt »

boomer2 wrote:the local subaru dealership had those plastic clips for the tailgate but they are almost 10 bucks a piece thankfully i only needed one
Must be the going rate. That's what the local dealership charged me for one. I must have knocked it off with the high pressure water sprayer at the car wash the other day.
http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd148/turbofiat/

2003 Subaru Baja
1968 Ford Fairlane 500
1980 Fiat 124 Spider (turbocharged)
1987 Yugo GV (1500 turbocharged)
1981 Trabant 601 S
1987 Citroen 2CV
1977 MGB
theluckyone17
Scoobytruck Master

Post by theluckyone17 »

I've got six of 'em to replace :cry:. Anyone found a relatively inexpensive source for 'em yet?
Onyx: 2006 Baja Sport
McBrat
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by McBrat »

I just bought some large automotive trim plugs from the hardware store, and trimmed it down to the right diameter with a scissors. 80 cents.
it's not exactly the same "texture" but unless you're being looked at like a show car, it'd be very hard to notice...
'03 Baja Sport, Baja Yellow. Snuglid.
'82 Brat, custom coil/link suspension, Toyota solid axles, Samurai t-case, built ea81, 5 spd d/r, 36" swampers.