west chester area

The Tri-State region of NJ/NY/PA

Moderators: autumnmist83, blubaja03

autumnmist83
Scoobytruck Contributer

west chester area

Post by autumnmist83 »

I was in west chester and newtown square area the past week and I saw two bajas a red and blue one
Pow
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Pow »

Red one could have been me. If it had both scoobytruck.com and nasioc.com stickers on the rear window I'm sure it was. There are a couple Bajas around where I live in Downingtown, I see a silver one all the time at the local Lowe's. When I got my scoobytruck.com sticker I was shipped an extra one, smaller and in a different color. Carried it around in my glove box to hand off to the next Baja owner I would meet. One day over the summer I saw that the silver Baja at Lowe's had the windows cracked to keep it cooler. Wound out dropping the sticker in the window and onto the driver's seat. Haven't stopped by recently to see if they applied the sticker on the truck.

-Pow
autumnmist83
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by autumnmist83 »

I been in the area but mines blue.
Kev M
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Kev M »

There will be another Silver one in the West Chester, Downingtown, Thorndale area REAL soon 8)
Pow
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Pow »

Kev, just saw one of your posts in the tech DRL thread. Funny coincidence, I too ride a motorcycle (a bit, some friends complain not enough) and my wife just bought a Cooper.

-Pow
Kev M
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Kev M »

Pow wrote:Kev, just saw one of your posts in the tech DRL thread. Funny coincidence, I too ride a motorcycle (a bit, some friends complain not enough) and my wife just bought a Cooper.

-Pow
LOL

And you're from the area? Did you guys get the Mini at Ottos?

What color/model Baja should I be looking out for?

Keep your eyes open for us:

New Silver 5-speed Sport with Grey Leather

Jenn (my wife) has an Electric Blue Cooper S with white roof/mirrors/wheels (even the snows are on a set of white K1s :roll: :wink: )

Bikes - Blue Harley Sporty for her, Black Moto Guzzi for me.

Say high if you see us

Kev :)
Kev M
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Kev M »

I swear I rarely saw any Bajas over the past few years.

Now that I bought one, I seem em all the time.

In the Downingtown/Coatesville area, 3-4 in the past week.

Yellow/Silver at the corner of Rte 30 and 340

Silver on the 30 bypass

Red/silver at the KFC in Thorndale (on Rte 30).

Black on the Schykul Exwy

Jeeeez, where'd they all come from.

Kev
Pow
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Pow »

Seen 2 silver Bajas (maybe the same one twice?) on 202 north between 30 and 401 just this week. One of them had an interesting wood support strapped on the back, providing a rear cross support at the same height as the roof racks. Probably for hauling a canoe or something. I'll need to sketch up a pic and post in one of the other forums.

Yeah, my wife got the Mini at Otto's. She's really happy with it, and I've had fun driving it too. British racing green convertible (black top) Cooper S.

My Baja is a 2003 red/silver sport and stands out well if you're behind me. Scoobytruck and NASIOC window stickers, 3 stickers from the PAMSP and a sticker for a friend's tattoo shop in Wilmington, DE. If you can make them out through the tinted glass you can see window clings of Homestar Runner characters behind the headrests. You'll see me a lot around the Wegmans/BJ's/Home Depot/Wawa area just west of the 30/business 30 interchange.

The bike I currently have is a '77 Kawasaki KZ400, looking to pickup a '78 KZ400 as well from one friend and eyeing another friend's '88 Honda Super Magna that's for sale. The wife isn't happy that there isn't space in the garage for the Mini. :D

-Pow
Kev M
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Kev M »

Nope, not me on 202, I don't make it up that direction that much (and I don't have any funky rig for canoe/cargo at this time). Wife on the other hand commutes that way a good bit.

We'll keep our eyes out for you.

Kev
Pow
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Pow »

Change in what to look for... I took advantage of Subaru's buy-back program and traded in the red 2003 for a blue 2006 sport. Just ordered up a new scoobytruck decal today (15 incher, yeah!) so it should stand out a bit more soon. Hmm... I wonder if "SCBY TRK" or "SCOB TRK" are taken in the PA custom license plate database...

-Pow
Kev M
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Kev M »

Pow wrote:Change in what to look for... I took advantage of Subaru's buy-back program and traded in the red 2003 for a blue 2006 sport. Just ordered up a new scoobytruck decal today (15 incher, yeah!) so it should stand out a bit more soon. Hmm... I wonder if "SCBY TRK" or "SCOB TRK" are taken in the PA custom license plate database...

-Pow
LOL, will continue to keep my eyes open. Where'd you trade at Roberts or Concordville?

That reminds me, I have to put my

LIFE IS GOOD

MOTO GUZZI

and

HARLEY

stickers on the back of the Baja one of these days!!!

Kev
Pow
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Pow »

Actually, traded out at Lancaster county Subaru. I knew Concordville and Roberts didn't have any Bajas on hand, Lancaster had a couple. Stopped at Roberts, talked with them about it and got their price. For kicks I called up Lancaster county and asked what they could do, didn't give any indication that I had already talked with another dealer. Their first number was $1000 less than Roberts. Bought the Baja a few days later. The dealership is nice, very friendly (not over the top salesperson types) and easy to work with. Subaru *only* staff I might add... when I went into Roberts the person that was working for the sale happened to be one of their Chevy guys, not sure he even knew what a Baja was.

Of course, being just over a mile from the Roberts dealership I will be going there for service. They've been good so far and it's damn convenient.

-Pow
Kev M
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Kev M »

Yeah, Roberts can be more than a bit Swarmy.

We would up buying there because Concordville refused to put heated lether seats in a 5-speed NA Baja for us and Roberts would.

Price wasn't bad, but they were ASSHOLES about the negotitation.

When I gave them honest marks (and not anywhere near fully negative) on the follup survey, the dckhead salesman called me on my cell to bitch me out. I explained about 10 times that it was not because of the final price, but they way they negotiated (at times I'd ask to delete say $1k of equippment, and they'd lower the price $500 :roll: ).

Anyway, glad to hear Lancaster too care of you...

Kev