New Brat Owner in DE

The Tri-State region of NJ/NY/PA

Moderators: autumnmist83, blubaja03

delathere
Scoobytruck Lurker

New Brat Owner in DE

Post by delathere »

Hey there! I just picked up a '79 Brat on Friday. She's got some flaws but is in overall good shape. Survived the drive from Massachusetts where I bought it back to DE. Anyway, I look forward to searching this site for all sorts of ownership info. If anyone can point me to some good resources for restoration, I'd really appreciate it!
sfeather11
Scoobytruck Master

Re: New Brat Owner in DE

Post by sfeather11 »

Hey there, where ya at in de? I'm up near Newark (actually in PA). There is a mechanic around here that does nothing but subies. I just had him do some work to my Baja and can vouch for his work. My car has been running great and his prices weren't too bad... Peace!

Scott
delathere
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by delathere »

That's great! I'm in New Castle, right on the border of Newark. I'd definitely appreciate getting pointed in the direction of someone experienced in Subaru restoration work. I want to do a lot of this project with my own sweat and blood, but definitely will have to defer to the experts for some things.

Ross
Trucklett
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Trucklett »

OOh! Did you pick up that Brat from a Boston area craigslist ad? Wondering if it was the one we were all ooh-ing and aah-ing over on the FB page.
delathere
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by delathere »

Yeah that's probably the one. There's a Facebook page? :)
sfeather11
Scoobytruck Master

Post by sfeather11 »

Look up "Suba-guru" Tim's auto repair...
http://www.timsautorepair-subaguru.com/

He's straight up Rt 896, prob 45min up from Newark, but before Lancaster. I have no idea if he would know anything about the older Subie models (your Brat), but he is obviously an expert at the contamporary models...

Peace!
Trucklett
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Trucklett »

delathere wrote:Yeah that's probably the one. There's a Facebook page? :)
Oh....there are lots and lots of Brat/Brumby and Baja FB pages. I'll message you a few via PM tomorrow morning. The eyelids are getting droopy right now!