Colorado Baja's

Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Colorado Baja's

Post by jaxed »

Anybody out there?  First order of business is getting a few people -- second order of business will be to organize a meetup!
fdg008

Re: Colorado Baja's

Post by fdg008 »

I'm in Boulder County, NE of the People's Republic of Boulder...  ;D<br><br>There are several Baja's in Boulder and a few in Longmont...
todd cole
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by todd cole »

Hello out there. I just purchased an 03 that was owned by subaru of america. Silver with almost all factory options except turbo, auto trans, battery warmer, block heater, and rear bumper strips. I was hoping that someone would know how to get a few more ponys out of her without voiding the warranty. Living here in c springs, the little baja is a lot short on air.
thanks
TC
jaxed

Post by jaxed »

todd cole wrote:Hello out there. I just purchased an 03 that was owned by subaru of america. Silver with almost all factory options except turbo, auto trans, battery warmer, block heater, and rear bumper strips. I was hoping that someone would know how to get a few more ponys out of her without voiding the warranty. Living here in c springs, the little baja is a lot short on air.
thanks
TC
I believe there are ppl that have added a turbo to a non-turbo, although not sure if they've done this on an '03. Personally, I think the regular 2.5l has enuff pep for me... but I drive like a grandpa! :wink:
teamstarter
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by teamstarter »

Just bought an '03 in the Regatta Red last week. Traded in an '01 Sport Trac that was too big and drank too much of that $2pg gas (my teens are driving now, so I don't need the extra space - and I commute). So, on a whim, I pulled into a dealership that had this used one on the lot. Drove off with it. Now I'm looking at accessorize (searching the web for parts is how I found this site). Probably the acrylic hood guard and maybe the sunroof deflector. Will probably put a mural in the back window (I like to personalize my trucks w/ graphics). This looks like a good site; I'll drop in now and then and see what's what w/ fellow Coloradons.
Be careful what you ask for; you just might get it.
jaxed

Post by jaxed »

teamstarter: Welcome! Good to see another from Colorado. Check back often!
baha
Scoobytruck Lurker

just registered

Post by baha »

I've been watching your site for awhile now, and just now signed up. I'm in rural Delta County, near Hotchkiss.

I'm looking forward to seeing some information on exhaust mods, which seem to be happening now. I'm hoping to find out if anyone is getting better mileage out of the slicker exhuast, but no one seems to be able to keep their foot out of it yet.
phillybaja
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by phillybaja »

i was out visiting a friend in boulder last month and saw a yellow baja in the parking lot on the way into REI. it was gone when i came out, otherwise there would have been a note under the wiper.

just wanted to say hi if you own a yellow baja and were at REI in boulder on feb 20. :D
2005 n/a monterey silver
Mr. Jalapeño
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Mr. Jalapeño »

Greetings from Durango!
I just bought a 2003 Baja (from eBay of all things :shock:). Should arrive any day now...
Looking forward to participating!
jaxed

Post by jaxed »

Mr. Jalapeño wrote:Greetings from Durango!
I just bought a 2003 Baja (from eBay of all things :shock:). Should arrive any day now...
Looking forward to participating!
Sweet! What was the item number of the Baja you bought? You will have to keep us informed.
Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

I believe there are ppl that have added a turbo to a non-turbo, although not sure if they've done this on an '03. Personally, I think the regular 2.5l has enuff pep for me... but I drive like a
grandpa! :wink:[/quote]

Really not a good idea to add a turbo to a non turbo 2.5. Its a completly different engine and not near as strong. Oh well.
Mr. Jalapeño
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Mr. Jalapeño »

Sweet! What was the item number of the Baja you bought?
Here's a link that I hope works, jaxed.
It can be mighty slow with almost 50 images to load.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... AMEWA%3AIT

We came to better terms over the phone after no one else placed a bid. :wink:
Still waiting on delivery, though. :x

(BTW, I'm also a DSLR owner)
jaxed

Post by jaxed »

Cool! Here she is in the Baja eBay database:

http://scoobytruck.com/cgi-bin/pv_fetch ... C637103202
TonyTyler
Scoobytruck Lurker

New Baja Owner

Post by TonyTyler »

Hi all,

Just picked up my 2006 Baja Turbo in Silver (gotta love the gunmetal grey wheels). I'm in Woodland Park if anyone around is close, I'm up for talking about it all day. I've had it for 6 days so far and have logged almost 880 miles so far. I'm also thinking about getting an ozzbros tonneau cover - anyone have one I can look at locally? Looking forward to hearing from you guys,

Cheers,
Tony
jaxed

Post by jaxed »

Tony,

Welcome! Always good to see another.

There are surprisingly few Colorado Baja owners here, especially when I drop a note on all parked Baja's I see around town! Oh well...