Anything Goes Thread

Talk about anything here. ANYTHING.

Moderator: cliffhanger

mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Wow Patti, with all that junk on the wall, its prolly making the room smaller. Thats crazy, must have been lazy to not fix it the right way. Mike
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

installed a 10 disc cd changer and xm into my baja today. it sounds good, i found an adapter to hook right into the cd changer spot on the back of the radio that allows me to plug in the cd changer and have a set of aux inputs for xm/ipod/mp3 player/ whatever has rca's or a headphone jack... it sounds great, no distortion or the annoying background noise i got with the fm modulator. [smilie=hellyeah.gif]
'05 Baja-T M/T white/silver
370 awhp
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Nice job Cliff, where in the hell did you find a nice spot to put a 10 disc?? Mike
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

hahaha, it's really easy, but that is the same thing i had been wondering since i bought my baja... "where the hell can i fit my 10 disc in this thing [smilie=confuzzled.gif] "
so, im taking pics now...
370 awhp
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

the back is not required to be down. ive just got it sitting in there, i might make a bracket that can swing it out of the way when i use the switchback, but for now its just as easy to move it out of the way...
as you can see, plenty of room!
this is where i will eventually put the xm permanently (it just sits there now), ive already bought the fiberglass, now just got to get some wire mesh and a little motivation to make it look nice by covering up the little tray, cig lighter, and ashtray (i dont smoke hahahaha) and glassing it in and painting it black or silver or white (tell me what you think)...
370 awhp
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

well, im off to skydiving.. yippie! [smilie=hellyeah.gif]
370 awhp
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Thats a good spot, although on my Baja, it is full of clothing, gloves and kneepads that I use when I am at the railroad museum, so that wouldn't work for me. And I have used the switchback a few times, so I couldn't do that. That console idea is a good one, if you don't need that space. I need my ashtray on the occasion, and use the storage area under it for small things. Take some pics when you finish it up. It should look nice. Mike
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

yeah, i use the switchback too, hell i used it today... i can just move it to the side (its not bolted down) or unplug and remove. its actually not inconvenient. pics will come, probably after next weekend if i get off my ass and just do it!
370 awhp
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

get a load of this... can you believe some people?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9063638/
370 awhp
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

That doctor is a hoot, giving that lady good advice. Hell, my doc told me to loose some weight when I was in. I didn't get pissed at him, he was right, and I am working on it, eating less and better things. My prob is eating late, after I get home, and being too tired or busy to get some extra exercise. Mike
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

yeah, its a shame what people can sue for now... and from what i understand, eating directly before going to sleep will actually cause more fat to be stored, due to a slower metabolism when you are sleeping, so be careful! and my doctor says the extra carbs from all the beer im drinking before bed is causing my "beer gut", or something like that... but i think he is a quack :lol: so i try to do crunches everyday so i can drink more :wink:
370 awhp
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

I never ususally eat before goin to bed, but dinner is always about 7:00, so that is getting kinda late, and no exercise afterwards, too much internet, and now that school is starting, helping my nephew with his homework. As far as beer, I don't have more than about 2 a month, so the beer gut part of it doesn't work for me. Just from eatin on me!! Mike
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

anyone else have problems opening "gas pains" thread, or is it just my computer?
370 awhp
Fuzzy
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Fuzzy »

I had no problem opening the "Gas Pain" thread. I also was able to respond to it with no problems.

Fuzzy
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

what do people think of underbody light kits? i already have a white neon kit (minus one 36" bulb, broken during delivery) that i have yet to get around to putting on, but i heard that it is illegal to drive around with the lights on unless they are a certain color, like purple or pink... is orange ok as well? i think orange would look pretty good.
370 awhp