Anything Goes Thread

Talk about anything here. ANYTHING.

Moderator: cliffhanger

cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Anything Goes Thread

Post by cliffhanger »

The purpose of this thread is for you to say whatever is on your mind. Noone gets turned away in this thread, as long as they are not jerks and they have an opinion about something. I don't care if you play Everquest or D&D, only love extreme sports, live at home by yourself and want to share ideas about bathroom decor. Talk about your plans for the weekend, plans for an addition to your house, plans for world domination. Talk about a what you saw on a cool trip to a science museum or what you saw during a cool trip in the science museum. Discuss how great your friends are or how annoying you find them. How about that new Thickburger [smilie=copyright.gif] at Hardee's [smilie=trademark.gif] ? What's your favorite television show, or do you like to read romance novels? Do you have a sexy boss or had sex on the boss's desk (proof may be required on a case-by-case basis)? I want to know what else goes through the average Joe Subaru's head beside heart-poundin', coma inducing acceleration of the STI or the new rims you want to get on your ride. Everyone's opinion's and thoughts are welcome, this is a sounding board for the common man!

Lastly, if you're not registered, do it or I'll kick your ass, and if you see a fellow BAJA driver, give a little smile and a wave...
Greg
'05 Baja-T M/T white/silver
370 awhp
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

btw, this weekend i am playing poker, getting my drink on, skydiving, and doing some housework...
370 awhp
jaxed
All-Mighty Scoobytruck Admin

Post by jaxed »

w00t!

Personally, I think we need to get this thread going... I should talk, cause I haven't posted my pix in it yet.

/hides in corner
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

weve already got a great Baja Pics thread that you started in anything baja, this is anything goes!!! :wink: no baja allowed! (ok maybe just a little)
370 awhp
jaxed

Post by jaxed »

cliffhanger wrote:weve already got a great Baja Pics thread that you started in anything baja, this is anything goes!!! :wink: no baja allowed! (ok maybe just a little)
You're not giving me guff are you? One click and I can make your life very very bad around here.
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

:lol: :lol:
370 awhp
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

so, seriously, type whatever is on your mind here... i've been thinkin about taking up kayaking, anyone know a good beginners kayak that can be just as good when i actually learn how to kayak? anyone got any cool "i almost died kayaking" stories? also, what other kind of gear will i need to have with me when i go (like a wetsuit?) ? thanks...
370 awhp
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

jaxed wrote:w00t!
what does this mean? ive seen it all over the place...
370 awhp
jaxed

Post by jaxed »

cliffhanger wrote:
jaxed wrote:w00t!
what does this mean? ive seen it all over the place...
Perhaps the Urban Dictionary will help!

w00t!
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

w00t

Post by cliffhanger »

haha, never seen that 'urban dictionary' before... lots of wierd shite...

later time for bowling and eating steak
370 awhp
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Ok guys, I'm tired of you 2 yakking back and forth, and decided to post somethin here. I bought a 4 wheeler last fall. Thats my new pastime, when I have time to hook it up to the Baja and go somewhere and ride it. Its a big load for the Baja. Its nice being out in the middle of nowhere, bouncing around on the trails. The only probem I have, is that there are not any trails close to home. The closest one is a 2 hour drive, and its an old abandoned railroad grade, 46 miles between Monroe and Mineral Point Wisconsin. Nice ride, but since its all packed gravel, not very challenging for the machine. I went up north with my 11 year old nephew on vacation, and rode the trails a bit around Hurley. That was all muck, big rocks, and some packed stone railroad grades. Definatly more fun. But the transmission belt started to slip on the 4 wheeler. Took it back to the dealer, since I haven't had it a year yet, and they claim they can't warranty it because it was loose a bit, and the belt slipped and burned. I told them that it was probably loose from day one, but they still didn't warranty it. It cost 170.00 to fix it. I guess its time to get out the tools and fix it myself next time. What a bunch of crap, almost like getting your can fixed at the stealership. I have to get a pic of the machine up when I download the vacation pics and post it here. I have a few that show up the mud real nice. Mike
cliffhanger
Scoobytruck Master

Post by cliffhanger »

haha, 'w00t', thats what im sayin! how much does you atv wiegh anyway? i know what you mean about close trails, when i go mountain biking i usually go to first state landing state park, it has one bike trail and it is super boring. only a few good jumps, no bunny hopping logs, no steeeeeep hills, nada. unfortunately, it is the closest place to ride to my house, and it is a 45 minute ride. my favorite trail, however, is about 1 1/2 hrs to 2 hrs (depending on traffic), and i just never really seem to have time to go there and really enjoy myself, with every thing else i have going on at home and work. this trail has it all. it is only about 6 miles, but itll make you feel like youve gone 20mi, and you can easily hurt yourself real well. i guess that's what makes it exciting. the first time i went there i broke my rear derailleur, and i bent the rim on my front tire on a fallen log. that's def worth it in my opinion. oh yeah, and fork stealerships!
370 awhp
jaxed

Post by jaxed »

mbaksic wrote:Ok guys, I'm tired of you 2 yakking back and forth, and decided to post somethin here.
Yer just afraid that between me and cliff yakking, we will up our post count and surpass you!

As far as state parks and trails, you folks need to move to Colorado. I can't spit without hitting a state park around here. More mountain biking and ATVing than you can imagine. ;)
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Hey Cliff, Arctic Cat says that my 2004 650 weighs 650 pounds, but I see guys that have weighed the beast talking about [smilie=holyshit.gif] 725 to 750 pounds. Add in the 400+ pound trailer, and it is a BIG load for a n/a Baja. :shock: No prob keeping up with traffic on the interstate, but you will work the hell out of it, bangin back and forth between gears 3 and 4. [smilie=grrrrrr.gif] Thats ok, I think it can handle it, as long as I don't do it every day!! I would love to live in the northern part of the state, they have lots of miles of trails to satisfy anyone. Nice graveled, to mudholes. Problem is, there aren't many jobs up there in the woods. I have seen quite a few people on the one close to home, as it is graveled, and they ride their bikes on it. At 47 miles long, you would get a good workout. Its neat, you go alone through woods, farm fields, and right down through every town that used to be on the railroad. And you get to go over 47 bridges, most of them short. Some are original from the railroad, some have been replaced. Not very challenging though, if you like to ride up the sides of mountains!! Last time my nephew and I took a ride there, we went end to end, and one side trip that added another 20 some miles. I think we put on 114 miles altogether. Still is a nice ride, even if not too challenging. Mike
bajafresh
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by bajafresh »

I like to read romance novels!