What did you trade in/get rid of for your Baja?

Talk about anything here. ANYTHING.

Moderator: cliffhanger

BooBoo
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: What did you trade in/get rid of for your Baja?

Post by BooBoo »

Traded in a 2001 Nissan Frontier.
SCF
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by SCF »

Kicked a '96 civic POS to the curb. Currently spiffying it up a bit to sell it in this econo-box market. :mrgreen:
Emsanon
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Emsanon »

I traded in a 1997 Silver Subaru Legacy. I liked the Legacy but I just had to get a Baja! I love Subaru's. [smilie=bunny.gif]
seaview
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by seaview »

Traded in a beat up 67 Ford pickup with few redeeming features. It got my son through high school and always ran but when he took my Saab to college it soon got old.....................Pete L.
Subiesleeper68
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Subiesleeper68 »

I had to get rid of "Baby" She was my '00 Blue Ridge Pearl 2.5RS While the Baja has proven to be a lot more fun and capable in most areas I still miss my little RS. She had 130k on her and kept breaking down. Her previous owner had a ZEX kit on her and all but blew her to pieces. I bought her at a wholesale lot and thought I got the deal of the century. Untill I took her to a dealership for some warranty work at 42k. NO WARRANTY BECAUSE OF EXTENSIVE MODIFICATION. The place put her back to stock and I bought an open can of worms. The upside is that my wife and I started talking because she loved my sexy blue Subaru. Once the Baja is paid off we're either going to find another RS with decent miles and swap it or pay to have the Baja completely stripped and repainted in the BRP. :D
bajablacksheep
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by bajablacksheep »

We traded in a '99 Malibu LX. Affectionately known as the "malipooh".
I miss it a little since it ran fine and was paid for, but I was worried about the "what if's" and I knew we didn't like it enough to put any money into it if anything major went wrong. I guess I was getting nervous because I have a friend with the same car with more miles on it and he seemed to be fixing it everytime I was over.
beancountertx
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by beancountertx »

I traded in a 1999 Jaguar XJ8, "Teally". I loved her smooth ride and luxurious interior but she was breaking down every three months or so a tune of $600-1000. each time. I missed her at the start but now I'm in love with O'L Blue :D
You must be the change you want to see in the world.-Gandhi
gifters
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by gifters »

I traded in my 1990 Subaru Legacy Wagon LS AWD

here are a couple pictures... a lot of good times with that car, I've already shed a tear or two for that car... I already miss her.

klapool
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by klapool »

I traded in a 2002 chrysler PT Cruiser. What a heap! When it got hot outside the switch in the turn signal would expand and the headlights would come on with no way to shut them off.

I sold a Ford F150 super crew just befor i traded the PT cruiser and I was sure I was going to hate the "TINY" box of the baja. HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!

I found that I love this little truck, the box is bigger than it looks and I have hauled a ton with it and I do mean a ton!

I pull a 16 foot fibreglass tri hull with a 140 inboard/outboard engine and all the swimming, fishing and skiing gear and ice chests.

Pulling the boat out of the water is always fun as most bystanders all look and waith for the boat to pull the baja into the water but it just climbs right on out and away we go.

I love this thing!!
speedymatt
Scoobytruck Master

Post by speedymatt »

i always forget to post in here until it hits the top. anyway i sold a 97 VW golf K2 to fund the Baja. I love my baja but sometimes i really miss the look, feel, and sound of a modified car. the baja is my family car so for the most part will remain stock. so here is the old K2, 2yrs late.
Zooom
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Zooom »

I miss my old VR6 MK3, but moreso, I miss my old 16V Scirocco(both of them actually), which I had to sell to buy my Rabbit pick-up which later got decommissioned into me getting the ScoobyTruck.
RobRBaron
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by RobRBaron »

1985 Nissan King Kab 4 X 4 ST unkillable tractor that hauls anything. My back could not handle the ride any longer.
Attachments
nissan safe.jpg
nissan safe.jpg (10.78 KiB) Viewed 10586 times
RobRBaron
lpcard
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by lpcard »

1982 Dodge Rampage, it was getting to the point where it was too much trouble to keep running. The Baja replaces it and the 92 Pontiac Grand Am that I was also getting sick of working on quite nicely.
I also have a 2011 Mustang GT/CS convertible just for fun.
spazomatic
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by spazomatic »

we were going to trade in our 96 s-10 blazer, but the dealership was only gonna give us $600. so we were going to sell it outright, but nobody wanted it for the money we wanted. (246k miles, go figure) so now we have the baja, as well as our blazer!
McBrat
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by McBrat »

I sold my '94 Legacy SS (ABM) to make room for my Baja...
'03 Baja Sport, Baja Yellow. Snuglid.
'82 Brat, custom coil/link suspension, Toyota solid axles, Samurai t-case, built ea81, 5 spd d/r, 36" swampers.