owner opinions on ozzbros hard tonneau plus 2 other Baja que

Talk about anything here. ANYTHING.

Moderator: cliffhanger

Jim Murdoch
Scoobytruck Lurker

owner opinions on ozzbros hard tonneau plus 2 other Baja que

Post by Jim Murdoch »

Just registered as a new Baja owner ('06 Sport). Am very interested in the ozzbros hard tonneau and have read quite a bit about it on this website. Would like to hear more about water leaks and what owners have done to prevent (or reduce) leaks. Meanwhile, have any Baja owners purchsed a Snuglid SL and what their opinions are. Two other items for this post: 1) is there a fix for a gas door that doesn't close a tightly as I think it should (tried bending the latch tab w/o success).2 ) Is there a way to disable the daytime running lights? Looks like these lights, low and hi beams are one bulb -- might the DTRunning circuit be separately fused? Any and all thoughts from seasoned Baja owners w/b appreciated. Jim Murdoch
PenguinSub
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: owner opinions on ozzbros hard tonneau plus 2 other Baja

Post by PenguinSub »

I wouldn't call myself a 'seasoned baja owner' in any sense of the word, but there is a DIY mods thread for turning off your daytime running lights somewhere on the forum.
canuck37
Scoobytruck Master

Re: owner opinions on ozzbros hard tonneau plus 2 other Baja

Post by canuck37 »

Jim Murdoch wrote:Just registered as a new Baja owner ('06 Sport). Am very interested in the ozzbros hard tonneau and have read quite a bit about it on this website. Would like to hear more about water leaks and what owners have done to prevent (or reduce) leaks. Meanwhile, have any Baja owners purchsed a Snuglid SL and what their opinions are. Two other items for this post: 1) is there a fix for a gas door that doesn't close a tightly as I think it should (tried bending the latch tab w/o success).2 ) Is there a way to disable the daytime running lights? Looks like these lights, low and hi beams are one bulb -- might the DTRunning circuit be separately fused? Any and all thoughts from seasoned Baja owners w/b appreciated. Jim Murdoch

As for the gas cap door issue, at one point there was a service bulletin for that issue. My '03 had the same problem in '06 and the dealer fixed it for free......not sure about later models.....but it was a chronic issue for some years. Depending where you live, disabling the DRL's may be illegal (it is in Calif. and Canada, I can tell you for sure - I would check. Also, if you do it, make sure you don't make it a "permanent" change, as any future buyer might want them back.