It's time. '03 has to go.

Marketplace for Subaru Baja & Brat related things. Vehicles, accessories, eBay auctions...

Moderators: mikenmel08, 03ClassicYellow

KensAudio
Scoobytruck Contributer

It's time. '03 has to go.

Post by KensAudio »

This is an initial posting to gauge interest. More details as I get time to post pics & history.

I've got a 2003 non-turbo 5-speed manual, which has been a workhorse, but has recently been dormant (since I got a G2 Ridgeline).
I've got accessories, including subwoofer, tweeters in the front doors, a dimmer for the map light, Neutrik NL2 speaker connectors in the rear doors (great for drive-in movies), locking tonneau cover, home made stuff for the bed including clamps to hold a pair of bikes, and a poor-man's rack system.
Also, 2 (yes two) skidplates, one that came with the front pushbar, from someone on this forum years ago. I'll look for the name.
Also, the protective plate for the rear diff.

This would be a project car for someone who wants to spend time with it, or could be for parts (I don't have the time & patience to part it out.)

Among the stuff that would need work:
Needs inspection, A/C, the current after market radio no longer works, so I'll throw in the original radio (and the CD I can't get out of the JVC...)
It's sitting at a local garage. The battery needs replacing (or so they tell me - I'm not convinced).
They're concerned about engine noise, but when a previous mechanic told me 10+ years ago that the engine might die soon, I didn't have a choice, so I kept using it, and it kept on running fine.
There may or may not be an ant farm in it somewhere... It's possible - I'd left it parked in the woods for a while.
The hood didn't open - new latch and/or cable needed. Apparently the large branch that landed on the hood did more than dent.
The tires & brakes pads & shoes had very few miles put on them before I'd parked it (I'll try and find numbers to back this up, or you could just look at them). Although they now tell me the calipers need replacing. Again - not sure if I trust this new place yet.
Oh, yeah - the back end is covered with stickers from all the places I've been. (Note: the Baja didn't reach all those places; I did.)

Let me know if you want me to leave in the CB radio. (Yes, I found a single DIN unit with SSB, for those who are interested.)

It's located in near Foxborough, MA.

If nobody wants it, a coworker has offered to tow it to a deserted firing range, where we'd riddle it with bullets and then run over it with his monster truck. Please don't let that be the end of it. It deserves better.
Baja '03 Blk, non-turbo, M/T, OzzBros, Bed Extender, JVC, ScanGaugeII, Garmin
"Well, ya see, son, when a dune buggy, a jeep and a sedan really love each other..."