FS 2006 pair of headlight housings no cracks very good condition

Marketplace for Subaru Baja & Brat related things. Vehicles, accessories, eBay auctions...

Moderators: mikenmel08, 03ClassicYellow

Banach95
Scoobytruck Lurker

FS 2006 pair of headlight housings no cracks very good condition

Post by Banach95 »

Hey all I just bought my first Baja back in April 2018 and I've been loving her ever since.

I'm selling the original headlight housings from her as I did brand new replacements. They are in very good condition with no cracks AND I'll include the headlight restorer stuff in the pic as well. They are cloudy AND dirty but I think with the restorer they will perk right back up

I'd sell for $125v with shipping included :)
35051761_10214704458940593_4746013938108334080_n.jpg
35051761_10214704458940593_4746013938108334080_n.jpg (158.12 KiB) Viewed 5133 times
Banach95
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: FS 2006 pair of headlight housings no cracks very good condition

Post by Banach95 »

got this in a private message :)

Sent: Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:06 pm
Recipient: Banach95

I don't like to critique in public so where the heck are you getting the price for the headlights? Granted they're probably genuine subaru but I picked up a pair from rock auto for $100 to my door brand new rated for whatever acronym means good-as-new for insurance company afraid-of-lawsuit-if-it-isn't-good-enough repairs. They're also all over Ebay for 80-120.

I don't mean it in a mean/you're an a-hole way, just a you might want to check prices and revise yours in order to actually sell them.

and MY REPLY just to be transparent :)

Hey guess what, its called dickering. ANd remember that shipping will be at least $20 plus the cost of the supplies to ensure that they get to their destination in one piece.
and no I'm NOT the asshole... YOU ARE@!!

Have a GREAT DAY :)
kamesama980
Scoobytruck Master

Post by kamesama980 »

LOL. Well, I tried being discrete and reasonably not an a**. Hit a nerve I guess.
-Russell
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
03 sport 5mt
05 turbo 5mt vf39 and other STI bits, 3" turbo-back
Banach95
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Banach95 »

Dude no offense but you were in the wrong. You don't message people like that. It's not cool.

I'm more than open to suggestions but your message was condescending and the fact your last comment about being an *ss shows you knew you were in the wrong
kamesama980
Scoobytruck Master

Post by kamesama980 »

No, I put it in a PM to be polite rather than argue price in your FS thread with no intention of purchasing thus affecting the sale of your parts. that would be an a**.

I'm blunt and literal. I recognize that what I said could be taken as maligning you but I'm not a diplomat to word it gently so I say outright that I don't intend it maliciously. I also backed up my pricing comments with references as I know both buyers and sellers can make extravagant claims to the value of an item.

Thus, if I am an a** it's for intending to let other sellers do their own negotiations. Or would you rather I had started by badmouthing you and posting links to better deals in your FS thread?

I'm an argumentative contrarian, a dangerous foil to your dramatic tendancies. You could have just PM replied "It's a negotiations starting point", "FU I'll do what I want", or nothing at all but you chose public drama, including my pricing alternatives, in your FS thread of all places :lol: . GLWS now. (stolen from another forum: purple means sarcasm)
-Russell
03 sport 5mt
Guacamole
Scoobytruck God

Post by Guacamole »

Airborneguy
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Airborneguy »

FWIW, an add at the bottom of this page shows me a brand new set for $97. [smilie=blush.gif]
HaHaBajAlcyone
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by HaHaBajAlcyone »

Lol... wasn't sure if I was the only one seeing that.... carry on. :lol:
kamesama980
Scoobytruck Master

Post by kamesama980 »

Airborneguy wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:48 pm FWIW, an add at the bottom of this page shows me a brand new set for $97. [smilie=blush.gif]
oh the irony THAT'S WHAT I'M SAYING!

My wife sometimes gets frustrated and asks (at high volume) why I always have to be right. My answer is that it's not that I have to be, I just am. Don't get me wrong, I've been wrong before too. The problem is I immediately absorb the revision and move on without drama which takes all the satisfaction out of it. I can be quite maddening I know. Bless my wife's heart for putting up with being married to me 6 years after 4 years chance to realize her folly before that.
-Russell
03 sport 5mt