FS: '05 Baja Sport (aka "Betty Baja")

Marketplace for Subaru Baja & Brat related things. Vehicles, accessories, eBay auctions...

Moderators: mikenmel08, 03ClassicYellow

Scrappy-Doo
Scoobytruck Lurker

FS: '05 Baja Sport (aka "Betty Baja")

Post by Scrappy-Doo »

Here she comes...
Here she comes...
20140418_144538.jpg (2.68 MiB) Viewed 4118 times
Going sporting.
Going sporting.
20150703_113617.jpg (2.58 MiB) Viewed 4118 times
It's on Craigslist Boston but I cannot put links in here (forum rules).

Bought it about 16 months ago for $10.5k. Sank about $2k into it (tires, timing belt, brakes, audio). Currently posted for $8500. It seems fair that I should absorb the ~$4k as cost of ownership for ~18k miles (mostly highway, averaged ~24 mpg) over the 16 month time period. Could have spent less on her but wanted to maintain reliability and re-sell-ability.

Clean Car Fax and recent independent pre-sale inspection (executed by potential buyer who still has not made an offer). Serious and reasonable bids at or above the asking price please?
The End.
The End.
20140418_144553.jpg (3.69 MiB) Viewed 4118 times
Scrappy-Doo
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: FS: '05 Baja Sport (aka "Betty Baja")

Post by Scrappy-Doo »

Buyer made offer just less than book. Counter offer presented (KBB value). Waiting for reply. It's not too late to chime-in...
Scrappy-Doo
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Scrappy-Doo »

As they say "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

It's done. I shouldn't complain as I got blue book value.

It was one thing when the buyer called Betty a "Japanese El Camino" but it made my heart sink when they said she'll serve as a handyman's tool truck. I almost canceled our deal on that comment.

Eh, good luck to them.
Killer B
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Killer B »

Scrappy-Doo wrote:it made my heart sink when they said she'll serve as a handyman's tool truck. I almost canceled our deal on that comment.
That made my heart sink just reading this. I really wish Betty Baja was going to an owner who would take better care of her and appreciate how special these vehicles really are.