Red Bull can adapters (need ideas)

Marketplace for Subaru Baja & Brat related things. Vehicles, accessories, eBay auctions...

Moderators: mikenmel08, 03ClassicYellow

jseabolt
Scoobytruck Master

Red Bull can adapters (need ideas)

Post by jseabolt »

How many of you guys drink Red Bull? Ever had one of those small 8 ounce cans tip over because it's too small to fit a standard cup holder?

I cut some adapters out of some foam rubber using some exhaust pipe adapters I sharpened on a belt sander and punced some out using a wheel bearing press:

Ignore the rear one, it was the proto-type but still worked OK.

They work great but are rather difficult to make and these don't really look too good but work well. I've yet to have an 8 ounce can of Red Bull tip over around a curve.

Maybe I need to sharpen the inside of the exhaust pipe adapter to make it sharper so it doesn't tear the foam rubber as bad.

Another idea would be to make it out of a 2" thick piece of wood using some hole saws then paint it black or spray it with some of that Plasti-Coat. It would be more centered that look better.

Is this something anybody would be interested in?

I have seen these on Ebay for $20 but they would be nowhere near that. Maybe like $3.00 + free shipping if shipping isn't that much. I'm not trying to make any serious profits on these things. Just mainly to recouple my money in materials.

You would think by now Red Bull would be giving these things away for free. My Wife's Nissan Cube has a cup holder specially for a small Red Bull can!
http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd148/turbofiat/

2003 Subaru Baja
1968 Ford Fairlane 500
1980 Fiat 124 Spider (turbocharged)
1987 Yugo GV (1500 turbocharged)
1981 Trabant 601 S
1987 Citroen 2CV
1977 MGB
Scrappy-Doo
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: Red Bull can adapters (need ideas)

Post by Scrappy-Doo »

Write a letter to Red Bull suggesting that they create an auto cup-holder adapter cozy. It might be worth your while to do it. To show thanks for your suggestion, they may send you a whole bunch of swag and a case of shorties. Hopefully the swag will include a couple of right-sized cozies...