Northern NJ/Eastern PA/Southern NY Tonneau trade?

Marketplace for Subaru Baja & Brat related things. Vehicles, accessories, eBay auctions...

Moderators: mikenmel08, 03ClassicYellow

InkedAlchemist
Scoobytruck Lurker

Northern NJ/Eastern PA/Southern NY Tonneau trade?

Post by InkedAlchemist »

I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in a Tonneau trade? I currently have the SnugTop (In black) on my Baja, and am interested in something a little more versatile. It's a nice top, does the job, minimal wear, but it's a bit too bulky looking for my tastes. I prefer the look of the Baja without the cover on the bed, but would still like something I could just throw on if need be.

Let me know. :)

J.
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Northern NJ/Eastern PA/Southern NY Tonneau trade?

Post by mikenmel08 »

Any pics? Not sure I've seen the snug top
InkedAlchemist
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by InkedAlchemist »

Sure! Controlled via a key fob and bolts up to all factory holes from what I've gathered. I found a PDF of installation instructions as well. From what I understand the company is in Texas.

Trucklett
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Trucklett »

I have the original 2005 Factory Turbo Auto cover that I'm going to be selling shortly. I just traded my Baja Turbo and took it off before I traded it.
InkedAlchemist
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by InkedAlchemist »

Is it a hard top or something a little softer? I know there were two different factory options. From what I've seen the OzzBros one seems like something I could use. Or Maybe just a heavy vinyl with some industrial strength velcro to hold it in place when I need it, roll it up when I don't. Not super concerned about water proof capabilities.
mikenmel08
Scoobytruck Master

Post by mikenmel08 »

Wish you were a little closer......
Trucklett
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Trucklett »

This is what was on my turbo auto with leather. It has the piece that opens in front, a central bar that goes across and the back piece that also opens. It has the bump stops on top that rest against the "roll bars" and then straps that hook it around the bars for when you need to carry something tall. It's a high quality piece that sits on a metal frame in front. They made it so that you can keep the metal frame and corner pieces on all the time, but you can remove the "cover" with two large bolts to take the cover on and off if necessary. The previous owner never removed it, and I just took it off for the first time before I traded the car. I had a custom lock made to replace the factory lock that rusted off in the back, but I didn't do anything with the front locks. I had that piece tied off since there was a truck box that prevented using that part of the cover.

I have a bunch more pics that were taken during the removal process, but they aren't here at the office.

Here's a pic of it on the car at a Baja meet.
Trucklett
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Trucklett »

We have a Baja in our group that has one of the old fashioned tonneau covers that is the soft vinyl over a central wooden hoop and snaps all around the side along plastic. It's really versatile. She had a guy custom make it for her. Very nice.
bajaguy
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajaguy »

Haha the one right behind yours in the picture? =P
InkedAlchemist
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by InkedAlchemist »

That one with the snaps on the Yellow one is more what I'm looking for. My option may be to go custom. I'm looking for something I can quickly remove and put back on when necessary. Not a huge fan of anything too bulky looking... :(
fixer28
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by fixer28 »

Hello - !st time on site as I just pick up a yellow 03 . will be using it as a everyday work truck . I am in dire need of any type of tonncover - used and in any condition, even if parts are broke or missing-Please call . I live out on Long Island and can come pick it up as far as Pa -Ct - up state NY . Thanks
Ron
5167 902 3654
fixer828@aol.com