Cargo rack

Marketplace for Subaru Baja & Brat related things. Vehicles, accessories, eBay auctions...

Moderators: mikenmel08, 03ClassicYellow

theluckyone17
Scoobytruck Master

Cargo rack

Post by theluckyone17 »

Anybody in the northeast have any interest in what I believe is a Mudrat (John Bloom) cargo rack? I've got pictures here: https://plus.google.com/photos/10414668 ... banner=pwa

Light surface rust in spots, but nothing that can't be touched up. I'd like to keep the lights, mainly for the harness. If someone wants them bad enough, I suppose I could be convinced to send 'em along with the rack.

I'm selling it on account of never using it. Sure, it's great for storing stuff, but it's heavy, raises the center of gravity, has to ruin the gas mileage (though I haven't checked it to see exactly how badly), and it sounds like a 747 is trying to land on the roof when you're heading down the highway.

But did I mention it's great at hauling stuff? :lol: Suppose I ought to say something good about it, if I'm trying to sell it. I'd make a horrible used car salesman.

I'd rather not ship, simply 'cause anybody who will ship it is likely to ask an arm and a leg to move it anywhere reasonable. I do plan on making it up to the VT photo shoot on the 28th though She Who Must Be Obeyed hasn't given final approval (cash flow dependent, she says); if someone wants to pick it up there, it'll give me another reason to go. Coming back with more money in my pocket than I left with ought to be a good a reason as any, I figure. 8)
Onyx: 2006 Baja Sport
Ahzlon
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Cargo rack

Post by Ahzlon »

OMG! if I had the money I would SOOOO buy this from you at the VT meet. SOOO envious!
Ti Pit
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Ti Pit »

How much would that go for?
05 Baja Turbo stick shift :D
Six
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Six »

Darn, I wish I had the cash for this. I would definitely buy it and meet you up at a future VT photo meet. But alas, rent and bills need to be paid :(