Baja Bed Cover in Norther California

Marketplace for Subaru Baja & Brat related things. Vehicles, accessories, eBay auctions...

Moderators: mikenmel08, 03ClassicYellow

SCF
Scoobytruck Contributer

Baja Bed Cover in Norther California

Post by SCF »

Hell of a gesture if you ask me. Freebie in N. Cali.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=822496
I did something very similar to the one showed above a year ago. Made my own and it looks pretty much like this, except it isn't hinged in the middle and is in 2 pieces (front and back). I used marine grade vinyl and instead of foam backing used 1/2 felt (the kind sold for use in autos under the carpet. Works great. I spray glued the felt to the wood (after painting it to seal it from moisture, then glued the vinyl to the felt. I had the wood on hand, and so the only costs were for the vinyl and the felt and the glue. The hardest part was cutting out a template, but after that it went pretty easy. Probably took about 4-5 hours total to build and cost less than $75.00 tops.

Anyway.........I found that I really needed more covered space, so bought an ARE cap earlier this year.

Sooooo, if there is anyone in Northern California that would like it, I will donate the cover to someone, if they want to come pick it up. Shipping is out of the question. It is black also, by the way.

I am moving in a few months and if it is still around it will go in the dumpster, which would be a shame.