2006 Turbo Baja - Easy Rebuild or Parts - $3800

Marketplace for Subaru Baja & Brat related things. Vehicles, accessories, eBay auctions...

Moderators: mikenmel08, 03ClassicYellow

mct
Scoobytruck Lurker

2006 Turbo Baja - Easy Rebuild or Parts - $3800

Post by mct »

2006 Black on Black Baja Turbo - 20000 miles

Was like new
Had a tire failure that ditched it - Am considering an insurance buy out settlement that will pay me out (poorly) and leave me the vehicle.
My reason for not taking the repair - I cannnot afford the repair time given by my local shop, and as much as I loved the car, it really was not practical to my work situation.

I should be able to provide the bodyshops full report in the coming days.
For now - the blowout threw me off the road and through some alder at low speed. No airbag deployment or glass damage. Primarily body damage, appears only front bumper, possibly rear and driver rear plastic fender cladding will need replace. Minor scratching and some small dents on remainder. All glass good, all doors, windows, hood functioning.
Mechanically - A slight twist to one forward frame rail (I'm told an easy fix) unconfirmed minor damage to front suspension and alignment components - drive components all good.

Only 20 000miles, recently serviced and given full check up. Engine and drivetrain like new, interior great, custom bolt-on rack over bed.

This is an American car currently an hour and a half from Spokane in Nelson, BC, Canada. It was approved and registered in Canada. All paperwork is in order and there will not be any hassle in taking it to either country.

Maybe not feasible to have this vehicle repaired back to mint (at Can. bodyshop rates) unless you yourself are doing the work. More likely a great source of almost new parts for someone already rebuilding/repairing or an almost new engine and spares for an enthusiast.

OR Convert your N/A to Turbo!

Update I'm ready to give someone an incredible deal just to finish with it all. I have only another week or so to move the car or let the insurance company have it. $3800 US / $4500 Can
Rebuild it or have all the like new parts to keep your Baja running forever.
Last edited by mct on Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
magnumxl4
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: 2006 Turbo Baja (20 000m) - For Rebuild of Parts

Post by magnumxl4 »

does it have the heated seats?
mct
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: 2006 Turbo Baja - Easy Rebuild or Parts - $3800

Post by mct »

No heated seats
jminor
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by jminor »

do you have the bed cover
jminor
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by jminor »

do you have a tonneau you are willing to sell?
motojak
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by motojak »

Im sure this isn't helpful but I need some factory wheels and maybe some metal and plastic body parts. Just in case you decide to part it out.