both headlights out

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

rfugitt
Scoobytruck Contributer

both headlights out

Post by rfugitt »

Ihave a 2006 sport, and my girlfriend who drives it most. tonight noticed that both lowbeams are out, the high beams work...Is this a coincidence, or is there something in the electrical system that could cause this ?

TIA

Ray
Buck Rogers
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Buck Rogers »

Replace your lights, then disable the D.R.L.s
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

single bulb system 03 sport, headlight aim issue

Post by davecoon13 »

I have the 2003 Baja Sport which has the single bulb for high/low/drl.

In the past few months, I have replaced both bulbs. There is a plastic ring that twists to hold the bulbs into the headlight glass. I just cannot get those rings to twist and engage/lock properly, so my Headlight Aim is out of wack. just can't get those rings to twist. My car is due for safety inspection in Feb. I am off work Friday Feb 1, so I will take my car in with fingers crossed. If it fails the safety inspection from Headlight Aim, I am gonna go the dealer and insist that they fix it---Maybe I will just have them get it inspected. That's what I'll do. Would this be covered under my 6year 60K "added security" warranty? That warranty doesn't seem to really cover much of anything yet.

Is there a trick to get those rings to twist and lock/engage?

How hard would it be to retrofit the 2 bulb system to my Baja Sport?

I have about 43K miles, In service date was June 2003, so I have time and miles left on the 6yr/60k 'added security warranty'. I hope it covers this issue. Someone was screaming in the service dept that their alternator should be covered by the "added security" and the dealer said that their alternator was not covered. What does the warranty cover then if it won't cover an alternator?
Dave Coon
www.nflcrimes.com
SilverStone Metallic
2003 Baja Sport 4EAT
"Capped" with A.R.E. Topper
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Dave,
I know that on a Dodge, a bulb problem is only covered for 12/12,000 miles, after that, it is considered a wear item, like belts, brakes, etc., so I don't know if Suby would cover it. Prolly not, but doesn't hurt to ask them.
I have replaced all the bulbs on my Baja, but right now I can't remember how they were held in, I did this winter of 06, so its been awhile.
Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Post by davecoon13 »

mbaksic wrote:I don't know if Suby would cover it.
It is not the bulbs, but the plastic rings that hold the bulbs, they aren't broken, I just cant get them secured. I am going to the dealer Friday.
Dave Coon
www.nflcrimes.com
SilverStone Metallic
2003 Baja Sport 4EAT
mbaksic
Scoobytruck God

Post by mbaksic »

Let us know what they say. By us, if you are a good customer, that is you have had work done by us before, they would take care of it.
Mike
Even though I work on Dodges, I don't own one.
davecoon13
Scoobytruck Master

Post by davecoon13 »

davecoon13 wrote:
mbaksic wrote:It is not the bulbs, but the plastic rings that hold the bulbs, they aren't broken, I just cant get them secured. I am going to the dealer Friday.
I took it to the dealer Feb 1, and they fixed it no charge....and now I have a legal safety inspection for 1 year.
Dave Coon
www.nflcrimes.com
SilverStone Metallic
2003 Baja Sport 4EAT