Rally Bars For Subaru Baja

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

Hawk296
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Hawk296 »

spazchicken wrote:OK, I went and voted, but I'd really rather have a bull/nudge bar than a stupid light bar. It's a truck, not a rally car.
meh, its really a car underneath
baja03
Scoobytruck Master

Post by baja03 »

Yes, yes it is; but I don't call it a car (some Baja owners get upset) and I don't call it a truck I just call it the Baja and I consider it to be in a league of its own.
spazchicken
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by spazchicken »

Hawk296 wrote:
spazchicken wrote:OK, I went and voted, but I'd really rather have a bull/nudge bar than a stupid light bar. It's a truck, not a rally car.
meh, its really a car underneath
Well if it was just a car, I wouldn't have bought it. I needed a truck bed & rear seats and it was a better vehicle for the money than a Tacoma or Sporttrack.
baja03
Scoobytruck Master

Post by baja03 »

Really you think, I guess it would be if the Tacoma or Sporttrac weren't 4X4 but if they were 4X4 then I would have had to get one of them probably the Sporttrac cause I'm a Ford guy but the Tacoma is nice too.

Before I decided on the Baja I actually was looking to get an 2006 Nissan Frontier or the Tacoma Extended Cab but not 4X4 couldn't afford it so I went with the Baja instead.
spazchicken
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by spazchicken »

I like import marques over Domestic marques, so the Ford was low on my list for that reason and devaluation rate of the vehicle. Toyotas are extremely too high priced for what rattletraps they are. I mean they'll run to 300K+ miles but they won't do it smoothly. Nissan was almost as bad as Toyota on price and are notorious for timing-chain breakage around 120K. I just felt that Subaru had the superior product and I already knew my way around an EJ series engine from my WRX, so it was the logical choice. The only downside is having 2 cars of the same marque, you tend to grab the wrong keys a lot.
baja03
Scoobytruck Master

Post by baja03 »

I see what you saying about the keys when at my parents i get my Bros. and my keys always mixed up, and knowing the EJ series engines I have no clue but, I know alot about Ford and the Ford parts are cheaper then imports another reason for liking the Ford along with I have been around Ford trucks since I was born (Father big Ford truck lover not cars though).
brujah
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by brujah »

I can solve the car/truck discussion for you right quick. According to the state of Pennsylvania, it's a truck. So says my state issued registration! :P
2005 turbo - WRX intercooler, Samco hoses, GFB bov, 3" Helix catless downpipe, 2.5" SS CatBackEx, front and rear skidplates(for rocks and logs), Westin safari bar, lots of Hella 500's
baja03
Scoobytruck Master

Post by baja03 »

So does Texas but if you look they also consider SUV to be truck like the CRV, RAV4, and the Kia Sportage so I don't go buy what the state considered I go by aspects of a truck (usage, frame, towing capacity, etc).
spazchicken
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by spazchicken »

I believe ground clearance makes something a truck. And emissions.
baja03
Scoobytruck Master

Post by baja03 »

So what type of Ground Clearence you talking about; what about dropped trucks are they not trucks? What do you mean by emissions?
I still think that the frame and towing capacity make a truck but again I am from Texas.
spazchicken
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by spazchicken »

I'm talkin about in classification by the government. They use ground clearance to determine and trucks can have suckier emissions & milage standards than cars. I use the case of Subaru relabeling the Outback as a light truck after years of it being a car. They just had to lift it 1.5 " or something to get it reclassified so it wouldn't have to meet some standards that it couldn't pass.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/13/arts/ ... r=USERLAND
baja03
Scoobytruck Master

Post by baja03 »

O I C, thats how the government deciphers between trucks and car. Then are these new crossover (Mazda CX-7, Ford Edge, Lincoln MKX, Nissan Morano, etc.) all considered to be trucks
spazchicken
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by spazchicken »

more than likely. especially the Ford products. If there's one company that'd be ready to pounce on lower standards for emissions and mpg, it'd be Ford.
baja03
Scoobytruck Master

Post by baja03 »

Thats mean to say to a ford lover
spazchicken
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by spazchicken »

Sorry, man. Just baiting you there.