ACTIVITY SPORT LIGHTS

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

ebbie97
Scoobytruck Master

Post by ebbie97 »

There are a lot of connectors underneath the dash, only one will fit the relay, it is like a jigsaw. Look at the relay and than match up whatever connector looks the same as far as layout. It is pretty much the same as connecting a printer to your pc: only one connector fits. I was faced with the same challenge, rational thinking usually does the trick. Good luck!
-EB
neva159
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by neva159 »

Hi,
Can somebody provide me with Sport Activity Lights Electrical Diagram ? I recdently installed the lights but they would not work for some unknown reason. Problem does not seem to be related to parking brake or relay itself.

The new switch is working fine as it shorts two pins when pressed. Voltage drops on the yellow wire when hand brake is pulled. Relay does not seem to be receive any voltage to get triggred so. If I just had the diagram...
medtec
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by medtec »

I'm having the same problem locating the correct harness under the dash or relay for that matter.

I have found (1) 4 pin connector taped way up under the dash but while checking with a test light I found one of the four activated the horn, this does not seem right for light circuts.

I have not found any other 4 pin connectors or relay. Does someone have a better diagram? or can walk me through this better than what I have found on-line. The section in the library on sports lights shows to "put the relay here" showing two round relays. I have two already located there with wires attached.

Last question. I have a switch for fog lights from another Subaru and just removing a little piece inside if the back of the switch alows it to conect to the connector behind the radio for the sport lights. Are the switches for the sport lights and fog lights the same internally?

Any help would be helpful...Thanks...
neva159
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by neva159 »

My issue was that the sport activity lights I bought were actually for 2003 Baja, not 2004 Turbo. There is a difference in wiring. On 2004 Baja the relay is rectangular and actually placed into an empty slot together with other relays just next to the fuse panel under the dash board. There is only one wired empty slot there.
The relay part number 82501AE03A can be purchased from any Subaru dealer for 10$.

I believe both sport activity and fog light switches are exactly the same except for the sign on the top.
medtec
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by medtec »

Thanks, I figured they were the same internally. I have the switch in place but not pushed into the faceplate (it's a dash I don't want to pull apart if I don't have to).

Any thoughts to why the conector would have a ground fired lead to the horn. The only thing I can think of is it's the uprade for the shock sensor. Is there another 4 pin I'm missing???
brujah
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by brujah »

neva159,
i am having the exact problem you described. However, can you double check the part # for the relay for me? Or perhaps take a pic of the socket it plugs into? The reason is i purchased the relay part number 82501AE03A, and it doesn't match up to the only open spot i can find at the fuse panel....i'm a little lost at this point.

thanks!
2005 turbo - WRX intercooler, Samco hoses, GFB bov, 3" Helix catless downpipe, 2.5" SS CatBackEx, front and rear skidplates(for rocks and logs), Westin safari bar, lots of Hella 500's
baja03
Scoobytruck Master

Post by baja03 »

I installed my own version of sport activity light on my Baja