Brumby Tonneau Cover

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

Irle
Scoobytruck Lurker

Brumby Tonneau Cover

Post by Irle »

Hey Suba-dudes,

Does anybody know if you can still buy an 'off the shelf' tonneau cover for Brumbies? Bought one from your standard auto shop a few years ago no problem, tried to repeat the process last week only to told that 'no one makes them any more'. Is this true? If so anybody know where I can get one? I need the whole setup including the support bar. I take it if I had one made up it would cost a fortune? Thanks for your ideas/thoughts guys.

Cheers
greymud
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Brumby Tonneau Cover

Post by greymud »

Nobody makes them anymore. There are some for sale occasionally here and ebay. There's also a thread on making your own, including making one with 80-20 stock. Most people make one from plywood and seal the hell out of it, from what I've read.

Mine came with a snuglid. I'll take it off this summer to work on it and may not put it back on if I prefer an open bed. In that case, i'd prime the fiberglass and post it here for sale. Right now, it has a couple of dings and the gaskets will need to be replaced. I have a great gasket place locally that has decent prices and turnaround for walkins.
05 NA 5MT
kamesama980
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Brumby Tonneau Cover

Post by kamesama980 »

Bajas haven't been made in 13 years, weren't phenomenal sellers then, and require totally different tooling to build a cover for (smaller size). Sadly we're out of luck.
-Russell
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
03 sport 5mt
05 turbo 5mt vf39 and other STI bits, 3" turbo-back