2005 Baja Throwing P0462 Code

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

CChenard
Scoobytruck Lurker

2005 Baja Throwing P0462 Code

Post by CChenard »

I recently acquired a 2005 Baja (been eyeing the Baja since it first came out) and am getting the P0462 code recently.

Background: 138k miles, an after-market remote start was installed by prior owner. Other than that, the car is stock. The engine light does not remain on at all times, which has been tricky to get the code. I know when the light is about to come on when the lower dash lights (indicating miles and outside temp) are not on. Not only that but the outside temp doesn't even display. At some point, the car throws the P0462 code and the back-light comes on with the outside temp displayed.

I have a full tank of gas and the cap is secure/tight.

Looking forward to hearing if anyone has recommendations. Thank you in advance!
walfredo
Scoobytruck Contributer

Re: 2005 Baja Throwing P0462 Code

Post by walfredo »

Sounds like a wiring issue related to the remote start. The fact your lights on the dash for temp and whatnot are not coming on would lead me to check that wiring and maybe even remove the remote start all together, and restore all the wiring to its original state.
CChenard
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by CChenard »

I was wondering the same thing which is why I included the remote start in my description. I will give that a shot, thanks!
kamesama980
Scoobytruck Master

Post by kamesama980 »

P0462: Fuel level sensor circuit low

that means it's expecting more than 0 volts on the sensor line but is getting 0v. My first thought with several electrical symptoms in close proximity was a common ground but that doesn't make sense for that code. I'd say they nicked wires under the dash or broke them and several are intermittently shorting to each other.

That's why aftermarket remote start, power accessories, and alarms (oh god alarms) are a red flag when I come across a car. Too rare to find it done right and hard to make it last when it is done right.
-Russell
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
03 sport 5mt
05 turbo 5mt vf39 and other STI bits, 3" turbo-back