Looking to lower my Baja, not sure what springs to use or what other Subaru to search for them for to buy?

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

syotos885
Scoobytruck Lurker

Looking to lower my Baja, not sure what springs to use or what other Subaru to search for them for to buy?

Post by syotos885 »

I own a 2006 Baja, after a transmission swap at 288000 miles I'm looking to make it a little more sporty you know? Any ideas as to what Other models I should use to get parts that would be compatible. The Baja isn't exactly the easiest car to find performance parts for in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrCrowley
Scoobytruck Lurker

Re: RE: Looking to lower my Baja, not sure what springs to use or what other Subaru to search for them for to buy?

Post by MrCrowley »

syotos885 wrote:I own a 2006 Baja, after a transmission swap at 288000 miles I'm looking to make it a little more sporty you know? Any ideas as to what Other models I should use to get parts that would be compatible. The Baja isn't exactly the easiest car to find performance parts for in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://bcracingcoilovers.com/products/ ... rs-dr-type

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

kamesama980
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Looking to lower my Baja, not sure what springs to use or what other Subaru to search for them for to buy?

Post by kamesama980 »

#1 criteria: What's your budget?
#2: what's your intended use/why are you lowering it?
#3: doing it yourself or paying others?

All of this feeds into #4: how legit do you want it to be (IE cut springs vs mix n match stock parts vs coilovers)

03 baja springs/struts are good for about 1". ouback/legacy ought to be good for another inch ish if I recall. If you have the money and your intended use justifies it, coilovers are a nice pre-packaged deal but can have other issues like road noise transmission and accelerated wear of other already somewhat worn parts like bushings, especially if you don't re-index the bushings.
-Russell
"You don't get to judge me for how I fix what you break"
03 sport 5mt
05 turbo 5mt vf39 and other STI bits, 3" turbo-back