03 NA Baja emissions codes

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

Footie570
Scoobytruck Lurker

03 NA Baja emissions codes

Post by Footie570 »

So I'm a broke college kid, with a dying baja, with a few stupid emissions codes from faulty/broken wires somewhere that I cannot seem to fix. Its been over a year of trying. So, that being said, anyone know if I could use something like romraider to go in and delete the codes from the ECU completely? I know I cant really tune it with romraider, but will I be able to just get rid of my codes to get through inspection?
Acro2pilot
Scoobytruck Master

Re: 03 NA Baja emissions codes

Post by Acro2pilot »

What are the codes you are tripping?
Footie570
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Footie570 »

I cant remember exactly... but im getting at least on cat code, solenoid vent valve, solenoid purge valve or something like that, but both of my valves for the emissions work fine and ive replaced them anyway. something messed up in the wiring. Ill post up my list of codes tomorrow.
w.rohr
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by w.rohr »

In my limited work with Subaru CED codes is if you think you fixed the problem, pull the negative battery terminal for 30 mins the drive around and see if everything is fine. Also if you have a bunch of codes a real good cleaning of the intake and then an ECU reset may be the solution.
Footie570
Scoobytruck Lurker

Post by Footie570 »

Thanks for the replies! unfortunately, I have come to the conclusion that the rust on my baja has taken over too much to be worth fixing. I plan on swapping the fresh motor into a different subaru body. :(