Baja 101 Noobs to Pros

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

tonys123
Scoobytruck Contributer

Baja 101 Noobs to Pros

Post by tonys123 »

06 Turbo
Ok hello again
On the subject of different baja leather and standard I'm curious what models had what specifically heated seats if u can shoot a pic of the switch I'm thinking of putting in heated seats with switch I could prob get from pullapart. ..

also upon my baja YouTube searches I've stumbled upon this video that has a baja with a rear roll down window can someone explain I'm guessing this is one of the pre beta test models ?

https://youtu.be/wiyM13fLBfw

Thankx
Anthony
bajaguy
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Baja 101 Noobs to Pros

Post by bajaguy »

Classic was the only one with the fabric seats, the leather/fabric came on most bajas, and the leather was an option as well as the seat heaters. Many people have pulled the heaters out of OB or Leggy seats and they're pretty much plug and play.

Yeah, unfortunately the production model lacked a lot of the cool gadgets of the concept. We didn't even get the turbo until 2004.
Guacamole
Scoobytruck God

Post by Guacamole »

tonys123 wrote:also upon my baja YouTube searches I've stumbled upon this video that has a baja with a rear roll down window can someone explain I'm guessing this is one of the pre beta test models ?
https://youtu.be/wiyM13fLBfw
That's the STX, the baja prototype/concept vehicle that was introduced in 2000 for auto shows. Most of the STX's features didn't make it to the Baja for various reasons.
Acro2pilot
Scoobytruck Master

Post by Acro2pilot »

Exactly, and that was the reason I didn't buy one! I was stoked when they showed it off with dual range and a supercharged EJ25 as well as the other stuff. When they launched it with all that removed I passed. It wasn't until Brats moved into the garage kept, driven only on perfect sunny days category and I needed a truck for truck stuff that I got a Baja and modded it to what I think Subaru should have released it as.