Keyless entry

Technical Discussions - Got a mechanical problem?

Moderator: bajabob

Rsmith8126
Scoobytruck Contributer

Keyless entry

Post by Rsmith8126 »

My keyless locks work great,but the horn won't beep when I use it being hard of hearing,I do t know if the remote has made contact or not how Cani find where the relay is to hook to the horn thanks Ronnie
anarchy1024
Scoobytruck Master

Re: Keyless entry

Post by anarchy1024 »

On mine, if I press and hold both buttons at the same time, it enables/disables the horn/beep when locking and unlocking. The doors should be unlocked before trying to toggle the chirp.
Rsmith8126
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Rsmith8126 »

Thanks I done that I get a low sound but not the horn being hard of hearing I can hardley hear it but if the horn made a noise I would be fine Ronnie
anarchy1024
Scoobytruck Master

Post by anarchy1024 »

Ah, okay. So instead of the quiet beep, you want the horn to chirp.

With mine (2003 Baja), if I press the Lock button 3 times, the horn does chirp. The first two times, it's just a regular beep. (The 2002 Outback uses the horn always and doesn't have a quiet beep.)

If pressing Lock three times doesn't work for you, I can try to find some info on the keyless entry module.
Rsmith8126
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Rsmith8126 »

Thanks I'll press the lock button 3 times and try that and let you know thanks Ronnie
Rsmith8126
Scoobytruck Contributer

Post by Rsmith8126 »

Just went out and played with my clicker did get horn to cheep with 3 clicks on locking button but it wouldn't stay also got panic to go off almost great but it wouldn't keep working guess there is another combination an anyone help! Gata be someone out there that had the combation?
bajaguy
Scoobytruck Master

Post by bajaguy »

I suspect there are differences in the modules. Mine also will not chirp on each click but the horn will honk on the 3rd click. When the horn honks that means the alarm has been armed. Just pushing once only locks the doors (until the alarm self-arms in like 3 minutes or so). I've tried everything to get the beep/chirp for pushing either button but to no avail.